News-gocuco.cc ads Removal Guide
What is News-gocuco.cc ads?
News-gocuco.cc ads show inappropriate and misleading content
News-gocuco.cc is a fake website created by scammers
Nobody expects a computer randomly start showing content that is not considered safe for work. News-gocuco.cc ads might start doing just that – it ruined the day of many people who completely did not expect it in the first place.
This happens because those affected allowed a rogue website to deliver notifications via the prompt they were shown sometime earlier. Since scammers use misleading messages, users accept the request without knowing what has actually occurred. After that, there is no activity coming from News-gocuco.cc, hence many forget the ordeal happened.
Unexpectedly, users then get to see pop-ups that include material deemed inappropriate and misleading – they are shown fake virus infection warnings and asked to install potentially unwanted or malicious software. There could also be pictures of adult material that include attractive women.
If you are affected by this issue, you should not worry too much, as we will explain how to get rid of News-gocuco.cc ads quickly and easily. We also provide information on how to remove potentially unwanted programs and malware from the system, as redirects to phishing websites could be a sign of an infection.
|Type||Push notifications, ads, pop-ups, scam|
|Distribution||After users click the “Allow” button within a push notification prompt of the site|
|Symptoms||You may start seeing intrusive pop-ups on your desktop – clicking these may lead to insecure or even malicious websites|
|Risks||Shown pop-ups incorporate fake notices and push scams. Links can also lead to websites filled with malware|
|Removal||Intrusive push notifications can be stopped by blocking the web address of the malicious website via browser settings. Checking the device with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner security software is also recommended|
|Other tips||Potentially unwanted programs often leave traces within web browsers – cookies, for example, are used for tracking. You should get rid of these leftovers with ReimageIntego or employ our manual guide|
What are push notifications?
Many users confuse pop-up ads with push notifications – justifiably so, as visually, they look identical. They might show up when users don't expect them, although the circumstances are quite a bit different. Ads can only be triggered by accessing the website that hosts them, while push notifications are shown on the system level, which means they can be shown regardless of which website is being visited at the time.
The push notification feature is an API (Application Programming Interface), allowing website authors to ask whenever visitors would like to see notifications. In fact, this feature can be really useful for some people, especially when they accept notifications from websites they like.
Once the “Allow” button is pressed in the notification prompt, users automatically allow that particular website (in this case – News-gocuco.cc) to deliver anything via the built-in feature. Therefore, the ads shown are not related to any type of virus infection but are a result of the accepted request upon the scam website entry.
Scam message examples
There could be plenty of reasons why users could be inclined to allow notifications from scam sites. Social engineering tricks used by scammers often trick people into believing that they are making a correct decision while, in reality, it has the opposite effect. Here are a few messages that users are shown to convince them to allow push notifications:
- Your file is ready to download. Press Allow to continue.
- Click Allow to confirm that you are not a robot.
- Just one more step! “Allow” to continue
- Can't play this video! Perhaps your browser doesn't allow video playback. Click the Allow button to watch the video.
- If you are 18+, click Allow.
News-gocuco.cc shows misleading messages to visitors
Get rid of push notifications
The push notification feature itself is legitimate and can't be removed by users – it can only be switched off via web browser settings so that websites wouldn't be able to send them requests in the first place. Luckily, stopping a website from sending you notifications is almost just as easy as allowing them. All you have to do is access your browser settings.
Before you do that, we recommend you check your system with SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner security software in order to ensure that there's no aggressive adware or malware installed on it. Some malware uses various obfuscation techniques to prevent users from spotting it early, so it could run in the background without many signs.
After virus elimination, we also advise running a scan with the ReimageIntego repair and maintenance tool, which can remove various browser trackers, fix virus damage, and secure your privacy. And now, you should remove News-gocuco.cc ads using the following instructions:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click the Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to the Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium)
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right of the window.
- Select Internet options and go to the Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate the web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
How to prevent from getting adware
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.