Open Software Updater is a questionable application, which can be used for such doubtful activities as collection of users' personal information. Once this program accumulates data about people's search queries, most favorite sites and time spent on each of them, it will send to third parties that uses it for showing related ads, in-text links and similar content. You should be very careful with these ads because they are may redirect you to unfamiliar websites. This is done for a very simple reason – trying to increase their page rank or sales. If you think that Open Software Updater virus or other potentially unwanted program/adware has already infiltrated your machine, you should never leave it there because you can never know what site you will be redirected to. In order to remove this program, scan your PC system with reliable anti-spyware.
How can Open Software Updater hijack my computer?
Open Software Updater is spread around with a help of freeware and shareware. This distribution method has initiated various discussions on the web because people are tricked into installing various doubtful programs without warning them about that. However, you just need to follow some simple steps and you can prevent installation of Open Software Updater or similar adware. First of all, you should read online reviews about the freeware you want to install. Secondly, choose only Custom or advanced installation method that allows checking what 'additional downloads' are trying to enter your computer. Finally, opt out of Open Software Updater and similar PUPs if you want to avoid system changes and similar issues. If you think that this program has already infiltrated your machine, you should waste no time and use the following guide:
How to remove Open Software Updater virus?
If you have already been tricked into installing Open Software Updater and now you are suffering from its ads and similar inconveniences, you should just scan your PC system with one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes. As soon as you remove malicious files from the system, follow these steps:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to Open Software Updater:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.