REloadit virus is a serious group of threats, which blocks computers down in order to make their owners pay the imaginary fine via REloadit prepayment system. This group of ransomwares is really similar to Ukash and CashU groups that have been spreading previously. The name comes from the prepayment system, which should be used by the victim for paying this fine asked on a fake notification. The main thing, which must be kept in mind when having REloadit virus on the system, is that you must ignore this alert that requires paying the money. Even if you have lots of it and you don’t mind losing 100 euros, pounds or dollars(the fine may vary), you won’t have your PC unblocked. For that, you have to follow some special steps given below.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH RELOADIT VIRUS?
REloadit virus is spread via freeware and shareware in most of the cases. Typically, user is ‘welcomed’ by a fake pop-up ad, which offers updating some software for free. In reality, he downloads Trojan horse, which blocks the system down as soon as it enters it. Additionally, REloadit virus shows up on a desktop with officially looking alert, which reports about different kind of violations and asks paying the fine via REloadit. Many users have already been tricked by such warning because it uses FBI’s or other governmental organization’s logos and shows victim’s IP address, Windows version or location. Please, do NOT fall for this malicious trickery and remove REloadit virus from the system. If you are infected, follow the guide given below and uninstall REloadit virus without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE RELOADIT VIRUS?
When trying to remove REloadit virus, you should start by using these methods. If one method fails to work, try the next one:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with REloadit virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with REloadit virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual REloadit virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable REloadit virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter o remove remaining REloadit virus files.