What is Vista Protection 2014?
Vista Protection 2014 is a serious cyber threat that uses Trojans when seeking to get inside the system unnoticed. As its name suggests, this virus is capable of infecting only those computers that use Windows Vista OS. However, no one says that you can feel safe if you are using Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows XP. Vista Protection 2014 belongs to a huge family of rogues that is known as Braviax. It consists of lots of other versions of this threat that are capable of infecting other Windows OS. If Vista Protection 2014 infiltrates computer, the first thing that is done by this rogue is system's modifications. This rogue is typically set to add its own registry entries and files to the infected PC system as soon as it attacks it. In addition, Vista Protection 2014 starts displaying fake system scanners and alerts that all report about invented viruses. By showing these ads, this virus seeks to scare its victim and make him/her think that the only real way that can fix his/hers computer is the licensed Vista Protection 2014 version. Of course, that's just a method, which is used by this rogue to swindle people's money. Please, ignore all alerts that belong to this rogue and check your PC with reputable anti-spyware. It will definitely show you what the real virus is.
How can Vista Protection 2014 infect my computer?
As we have already mentioned, Vista Protection 2014 is spread with a help of Trojans that can easily enter your computer thru security holes and other vulnerabilities. If you want to avoid them, you should always make sure that you have a reputable anti-virus and anti-spyware installed on your computer. Also, security experts also recommend avoiding illegal websites, suspicious emails and questionable programs that are spread on the Internet for free. If Vista Protection 2014 infects its target PC system, it starts various system's modifications and causes fake system scanners. As we have already said, you should ignore these ads because they are displayed for the only thing – seeking to trick you into purchasing a fake licensed version. If you noticed such and similar alerts telling that your computer is seriously infected, you should check it with a reputable anti-spyware because it's one of the clearest signs showing that your machine was affected by rogue:
Tracking software found!
Your PC activity is being monitored. Possible spyware infection. Your data security may be compromised. Sensitive data can be stolen. Prevent damage now by completing a security scan.
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
How to remove Vista Protection 2014?
If you noticed Vista Protection 2014 alerts telling that your computer is infected by trojans, adware and other dangerous programs, it's a clear sign showing that it is infected. Do not waist time and remove this rogue anti-spyware. For this, we strongly recommend using AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and avoiding manual removal because you may remove wrong files and damage your PC system. For that, you should download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide.
When trying to remove Vista Protection 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Vista Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.
Vista Protection 2014 manual removal: