What is Win 7 Antivirus 2014?
Win 7 Antivirus 2014 is a rogue anti-spyware program that belongs to an old group of viruses known as Braviax. In fact, we have already been convinced that viruses hailing from this group of threats won't show up again. However, it seems that we were wrong.. If Win 7 Antivirus 2014 infiltrates computer, it starts initiating misleading notifications that are supposed to make people believe that their computers are seriously infected. This rogue starts its work every time you reboot your computer and shows fake system scanners that reports about a long list of invented viruses. You may be informed about trojans, adware, other rogues and similar cyber threats when having Win 7 Antivirus 2014 virus on your computer. Of course, after reporting about these threats, this rogue won't remove them for you. For this procedure you will be asked to pay a certain amount of money. However, as you may have already undertood, you should never pay for Win 7 Antivirus 2014 license because it won't fix your computer. For that you should run a legitimate anti-spyware and see what it finds. If it is updated to its latest version, it will inform you about this rogue and will remove Win 7 Antivirus 2014 virus for you.
How can Win 7 Antivirus 2014 infect my computer?
Win 7 Antivirus 2014 is spread just like many other serious cyber threats. If you continue visiting illegal websites, clicking on suspicious ads or downloading attachments of misleading emails, you may also end up with this threat hiding in your computer. Please, try to avoid all ads offering you to check your PC's security for free or emails saying that you must check its attachment because you have an opportunity to get some money. In addition, if you really want to prevent Win 7 Antivirus 2014's infiltration or avoid other cyber threats, you should install reputable anti-spyware on your computer and keep it up-to-date all the time. If Win 7 Antivirus 2014 hijacks the system, it drops its own registry entries and files. In addition, it starts displaying fake system scanners and then shows people such and similar alerts:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Win 7 Antivirus 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
Clearly, these and other ads that are displayed by Win 7 Antivirus 2014 are invented and used only for tricking people into purchasing its licensed version. If you have already purchased it, we can assure you that it's useless and you have just given your money to scammers… Please, don't keep this program on your computer because it may download other viruses on it. If your PC is already infected, you should just follow a guide below and fix it:
How to remove Win 7 Antivirus 2014?
The way how you can remove Win 7 Antivirus 2014 from your computer is quite difficult because it uses randomly named files for trying to hide its presence on the system. That's why it is highly recommended selecting AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and avoiding manual removal. For that, you should download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide.
When trying to remove Win 7 Antivirus 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and SpyHunterCombo Cleaner because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Win 7 Antivirus 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or SpyHunterCombo Cleaner on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.