Arcade Safari is not a virus. However, it is classified as 'adware' that commonly spreads in a bundle with freewares and sharewares as an add-on, extension or toolbar. If it manages to infiltrate a computer, it initiates modifications of basic web browser's settings. Besides, it may start showing misleading pop-up ads, banner ads, in-text ads, active words, and so on. The problem is that such and similar advertisements can lead to third-party websites promoting suspicious programs, including PUPs or even viruses.
What is Arcade Safari used for?
- Arcade Safari by EpicPlay LLC is an adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Therefore, we assume that it is primarily used for promoting third parties, their programs, and services. During our test, Arcade Safari was promoting Text Enhance, which has already been included to our database a long time ago. People often ask us whether one or another application can affect Chrome, Explorer or another web browser. In this case, be aware that Arcade Safari adware is compatible with all types of web browsers, including Internet Explorer (Microsoft Edge), Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc. It means that it can drop an add-on on each of them and start causing misleading pop-up ads.
- Some of the security vendors claim that Arcade Safari virus can also change user's start page, search engine, and a new tab window. Even though from the first glimpse it looks like a funny game provider, these games may initiate some problems on your computer. For instance, it may flood you with an enormous amount of Arcade Safari ads (marked as “Ads by Arcade Safari”). Consequently, it may be difficult for you to reach the content that you need, and you may be continuously interrupted when browsing the net.
- On top of that, some of the Arcade Safari redirects can expose you to irrelevant websites that are either involved in the distribution or PUPs or other suspicious purposes (technical support, online surveys, prize giveaways, etc.).
- Also, this adware may also be used for data collection (inject 'cookies' and 'web beacons'). All in all, out strongest recommendation regarding this adware is to remove it once and for all. This can be done with the help of SpyHunter or another reliable anti-malware.
How can I get infected with Arcade Safari?
Arcade Safari typically spreads via freewares that have been involved in monetization processes. Thus, to prevent infiltration of this adware and its clones, you should carefully check whether the freeware that you are going to install contains additional components, such as Arcade Safari add-on or not. However, don't rush. To find out that, you will have to select 'Advanced' or 'Custom' installation option and carefully read all the terms.
As soon as this adware gets inside, it makes some system's changes and starts applying its unethical marketing techniques. If you have discovered Arcade Safari toolbar without downloading it, you should be careful because it may redirect you to an insecure commercial website. Therefore, we highly recommend you to remove it without a delay.
How to remove unwanted browser add-ons?
If you are infected with Arcade Safari virus, you have two options for fixing your machine, i.e. manual and automatic removal options. Both of them work. We've checked. However, it's very important to stress the fact that our research and security team is experienced in the removal of programs like Arcade Safari adware. It means that they know what specific components they are looking for, where they are usually located, and how to uninstall them. Thus, if you are not an advanced computer user and have never dealt with an adware-type program before, we highly recommend you to check the system with a trustworthy anti-malware.
You can remove Arcade Safari automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Arcade Safari from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Arcade Safari from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Arcade Safari from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Arcade Safari from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Arcade Safari from Safari
Remove Arcade Safari from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Arcade Safari from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Arcade Safari or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Arcade Safari from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Arcade Safari or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Arcade Safari from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Arcade Safari and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Arcade Safari removal.
Remove Arcade Safari from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Arcade Safari and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Arcade Safari removal.
Remove Arcade Safari from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Arcade Safari and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Arcade Safari removal.
Remove Arcade Safari from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Arcade Safari or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Arcade Safari removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Arcade Safari
Comments on Arcade Safari
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.