Awesomehp.com is a browser hijacker which alters your search results
Awesomehp.com is another search site, which can easily take over your start page or default search engine without displaying any notification about that. That's because it is promoted with a help of freeware and shareware, which distributes such 'additional components' for a very simple reason – the money that it gets in exchange for promoting such questionable browser add-ons, extensions and plugins. While it may look like a normal search site, you should never opt for Awesomehp instead of Google, Yahoo, Bing or other well known search engine because it may show you altered search results and then may redirect you to suspicious websites. In addition, it is known that this search site may track people's browsing habits and then may try to share this information with related third parties. If you don't want that your search terms, information about your mostly visited websites, or the data that you enter on your favorite websites would be collected, you should avoid Awesomehp.com redirect virus. Besides, we highly recommend doing so because this search engine may try to promote unknown programs and websites.
To sum up, Awesomehp.com is one of these search engines that only mimic well-known search sites. If you have already noticed that it has hijacked your default search engine or your homepage, it means that you were tricked into downloading it to your computer. In this case, you should remove it from the system and return to the use of Google, Bing or Yahoo. For that we recommend using Reimage or other powerful anti-spyware.
Awesome HP a fake search engine with commercial results. How did you get it?
Awesomehp.com is promoted via legitimate and suspicious methods. Beware that you may find this search engine on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or other web browser not only after deciding to make it your start page or default search engine. Beware that this program may also hijack your computer without any permission asked. That's because its distribution is closely related to other free downloads. In order to avoid it, you should remember that you have to pay more attention to freeware's installation process. For that, you should rely only on Custom or Advanced installation when installing download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software and similar programs. In addition, you have to uncheck all suspicious checkboxes that say that you agree to make this search site your homepage or a default search engine. Forgetting to deselect this check mark can easily lead you to unwanted system changes of your homepage/default search engine. After that, you may start dealing with tons of commercial pop-up ads, slow downs no each of your web browser and similar issues. In order to get rid of Awesomehp.com and prevent its redirects to unknown and sometimes malicious websites, you should waste no time and follow the guide in this article.
How to remove Awesomehp.com virus?
If Awesomehp.com has already hijacked your web browsers and now you have to deal with continuous redirects, pop-up ads and slow downs, you can be sure that you have to remove it. the removal process might be tricky if you are not a bit advanced computer user. The manual and free removal process takes time, you will need to remove awesomehp from all browsers one by one. Most modern antispyware programs removes this hijacker automatically. Some of them are paid ones, some might remove for free but have hidden way to push you for a purchase later. Be careful what program to choose. Our recommended adaptive spyware removal software are listed below.
You can remove Awesomehp.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Awesomehp.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Awesomehp.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Awesomehp.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Awesomehp.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Awesomehp.com from Safari
Remove Awesomehp.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Awesomehp.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Awesomehp.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Awesomehp.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Awesomehp.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Awesomehp.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Awesomehp.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Awesomehp.com removal.
Remove Awesomehp.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Awesomehp.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Awesomehp.com removal.
Remove Awesomehp.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Awesomehp.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Awesomehp.com removal.
Remove Awesomehp.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Awesomehp.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Awesomehp.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Awesomehp.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Awesomehp.com
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.