Awesomehp.com is another search site, which can easily take over your start page or default search engine without displaying any notification about that. That's because it is promoted with a help of freeware and shareware, which distributes such 'additional downloads' for a very simple reason – the money. We don't recommend trusting such sites because in most of the cases they only mimic well-known search engines. If you also noticed that Awesomehp.com virus hijacked your default search engine or homepage, it means that you were tricked into downloading this search engine on your computer. In this case, you should remove it from the system and return to the use of Google, Bing or Yahoo..
How can Awesomehp.com appear on my computer?
Awesomehp.com hijack is closely related to other free downloads. In order to avoid it, you should remember that you have to pay more attention to freeware's installation process. For that, you should rely only on Custom or Advanced installation and uncheck checkboxes that say that you agree to make this search site your homepage or default search engine. Forgetting to deselect this check mark can easily lead you to changes of your homepage/default search engine, commercial pop-up ads, browsers' slow downs and similar issues. In order to get rid of Awesomehp.com redirect you should follow this guide:
How to remove Awesomehp.com?
If Awesomehp.com infiltrated your computer and you are sure that you want to remove it, follow these steps:
- Uninstall this program via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for AwesomeHP and other recently installed applications, and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove Awesomehp.com's add-on from IE and Mozilla Firefox browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find AwesomeHP and similar entries, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
- Finally, scan the system with updated anti-spyware to make sure that your computer is free of this virus. We recommend SpyHunter or STOPzilla.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for Awesomehp.com removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Awesomehp.com are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Awesomehp.com right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.