What is Coupon Drop Down?
Coupon Drop Down (can also be found as CouponDropDown) is totally annoying adware-type program, which is used for causing tons of commercial ads. These ads should appear on your PC's desktop only when using such websites as eBay, Amazon and similar shopping sites. However, there are hundreds of PC users who claim that Coupon Drop Down ads are appearing during each of their search sessions. Please, be careful with them because the most of them are displayed on your computer because of trying to redirect people to predetermined websites that are seeking to increase their page rank or sales. So, after clicking on any of these ads (they are usually displayed in a form of underlined words, banners, in-text links, etc.), you may be redirected to websites that may be filled with suspicious content. Besides, you should also keep in mind another thing related to this program and that thing is Coupon Drop Down's ability to track PC users and collect personally non-identifiable information about them. Beware that this program may collect your search terms, mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting them, your PC's IP address, location, etc. After doing so, it may share it with unknown parties. That's why we think that you shouldn't keep Coupon Drop Down on your computer. If this program has already become really annoying application that causes only unwanted interruptions during each of your browsing sessions, you should check your machine with updated anti-spyware and see what it finds. We recommend running a full system scan with one of these programs: SpyHunter (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Windows and Mac OS X).
HOW CAN Coupon Drop Down hijack MY COMPUTER?
Coupon Drop Down is distributed via several methods. You can download it voluntarily from its official website, but it can also be downloaded in one pack with freeware and shareware. 1ClickDownload, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom are especially known to promote this application. You should know that this unfair method of distribution can be easily stopped by unclicking Coupon Drop Down and other optional installs during the installation process of a program. However, if it gets inside, this adware modifies the system and starts showing its commercial ads that are filled with various coupons, offers, promotions and deals. If you are one of these people who can't stand this program or you haven't installed it by yourself, you should remove Coupon Drop Down from the system without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE Coupon Drop Down virus?
In order to get rid of Coupon Drop Down, you should firstly uninstall it from your computer manually. Besides, you should also look for these programs and, if detected, uninstall them from your computer: Online HD TV Toolbar: Online HD TV, PutLockerDownload, TornTV, Yontoo, 1ClickDown, 1ClickDownloader, FB Photo Zoom, GoPhoto.it, HDvid Codec, IB Updater, Incredibar Toolbar, OneClickDownload, OneClickDownloader. For that, use these steps that are given below or run one of anti-spyware programs that can also be found in this article:
You can remove Coupon Drop Down automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Coupon Drop Down from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Coupon Drop Down from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Coupon Drop Down from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Coupon Drop Down from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Coupon Drop Down from Safari
Remove Coupon Drop Down from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Coupon Drop Down from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Coupon Drop Down or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Coupon Drop Down from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Coupon Drop Down or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Coupon Drop Down from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Coupon Drop Down and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Coupon Drop Down removal.
Remove Coupon Drop Down from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Coupon Drop Down and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Coupon Drop Down removal.
Remove Coupon Drop Down from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Coupon Drop Down and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Coupon Drop Down removal.
Remove Coupon Drop Down from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Coupon Drop Down or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Coupon Drop Down removal process.
Complete Coupon Drop Down removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Coupon Drop Down registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Coupon Drop Down
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Coupon Drop Down
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.