FBI Online Agent and its alert titled 'FBI Online Agent has blocked your computer for security reason' is a huge scam, which has nothing to do with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. In fact, this is a ransomware virus that seeks to swindle the money from its victims. FBI Online Agent clearly targets US people. However, we have already notified about other versions that seek to rip European users as well. In reality, it belongs to a group of hackers who have been releasing their viruses almost every day, so FBI Online Agent acts just like its predecessor FBI virus. After getting inside the PC, it locks the entire system and displays its misleading alert. This notification claims that FBI Online Agent has blocked your computer for security reasons and asks to pay the fine in order to unblock it. For that, this threat offers to use Moneypak prepayment system and enter the code at the buttom of the poge. Don't believe these promisses that this will unblock your computer! You must simply remove FBI Online Agent virus from the system as soon as possible.
FBI Online Agent virus is distributed by trojan horse, which mostly uses a fake warning saying that user has to update his Flash Player. Besides, some people have reported that it uses spam emails that look officially and use FBI logos. As soon as it gets inside, this program locks the PC with its warning. As a result, you can't do anything with your computer because it's simply blocked. FBI Online Agent's victim sees only this notification:
FBI Online Agent has blocked your computer for security reason
The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of unauthorized cyberactivity.
Described below are possible violates, you have made:
Article 274 – Copyright
A fine or imprisonment for the term of up to 4 years. (The use or sharing of copyrighted files – movies, software)
Article 183 – Pornography
A fine or imprisonment for the term of up to 2 years. (The use or distribution of pornographic files).
Article 184 – Pornography involving children (under 18 years)
Imprisonment for the term of up to 15 years. (The use of distribution of pornographic files)
If you see such alert, don't think that the only way, which can help you to unlock your computer, is to pay the fine. Instead of doing that, we highly recommend saving your money and unlocking computer by using other methods. Here are they:
When trying to remove any version of Ukash virus, the biggest issue is to unlock the system. However, some versions of Ukash threats may fail to unlock you from getting online. If you are one of these lucky people, download STOPzilla, SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program and remove the threat. Besides, restoring your computer to a previous date can also help you to unlock computer and launch a scanner to find and remove viruses. However, if you are still locked, follow these tips:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download STOPzilla, SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Ukash viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Ukash virus removal:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than
standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like FBI Online Agent are really hard to remove on infected computer. you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall FBI Online Agent right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.
Information added: 2013-09-24 06:41
Information updated: 2013-09-24 06:41