What is FunWebProducts?
FunWebProducts is a company that promotes various freeware programs. However, you should be careful with each of its products because they are usually bundled with questionable add-ons, extensions, plugins, toolbars or search engines. If you would check what is said in its End User’s License Agreement, you would see that bundling is clearly mentioned in it:
“All of our applications come with the MyWebSearch browser plugin – a customizable browser toolbar which provides end users with easy access to search results from the best search engines on the Internet in just one click and enhances your browser experience by providing relevant links and results in response to misspelled or incorrectly formatted browser address requests.”
“We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through any of the FWP Products, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.“.
If any of FunWebProducts adware has infiltrated your computer behind your back, you should waste no time and remove it with the help of SpyHunter.
How can FunWebProducts affect my computer?
FunWebProducts can infiltrate your computer either with or without your approval. That’s because it has been actively promoted with the help of bundling. No matter that technically these programs are not considered harmful, they may alter your system settings and then may start showing you misleading content during your browsing. If you want to avoid this, you have to start monitoring installation of the freeware. You can do that by selecting Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then unchecking pre-checked check marks that claim that you want to install optional components on your computer. If Fun Web Products toolbar has started bombarding you with tons of annoying popups, you should use a guide below and get rid of every browser hijacker, adware and similar PUP.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of FunWebProducts can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove FunWebProducts?
If you have been convinced that Fun Web Products seeks to improve your browsing on the web by giving you ability to use funny mouse cursors, emoticons for your instant messenger and email, now you should know that it is actually dedicated for generating commercial pop-ups. It is also capable of modifying web browser’s settings and redirecting people to suspicious websites. If you want to remove FunWebProducts from your computer, use a guide below.
- Uninstall programs that are related to FunWebProducts from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for FunWebProducts and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (FunWebProducts, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.