What is Nav-Links?
Nav-Links is an advertising platform, which can also be called as an adware or a potentially unwanted program. No, you shouldn't call it virus but you should definitely remember that there are lots of negative activities that it may try to initiate on your computer. One of the most annoying of them is continuous pop-up ads that are displayed on each of web browsers. Nav-Links is capable of hijacking each of browsers that are installed on the system, so there is no surprise that people report about unbearable amount of its ads. Typically, they report about sales, the latest discounts, price comparisons and similar things that are usually interesting for people. Nevertheless, if you have been convinced that you can save the money with a help of them, you should think again. In reality, these pop-up advertisements show up during each of your browsing sessions because they are supposed to promote affiliate parties and increase their popularity or sales. While the most of web sites that are promoted with a help of such technique are harmless, there is no guarantee that each of them is safe. If you want to avoid Nav-Links redirects to unknown and suspicious websites, you should stay away from its ads. Of course, the easiest way to do that is to remove this browser add-on from Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and other web browsers. Beware that sometimes the manual removal of this program may fail to work for you because it may leave some of its components deep inside the system and then may recover itself after PC's reboot.
To sum up, Nav-Links is not a virus because it has no malicious code inside it. However, it is called ‘a potentially unwanted application’ and 'adware' because of its questionable activities. In most of the cases, it interrupts users with its ads and may also redirect them to its affiliate websites. If you want to avoid these activities and prevent redirects to suspicious websites, you are highly recommended to remove Nav-Links virus from your computer. For that we recommend scanning it with updated anti-spyware, such as SpyHunter.
HOW CAN Nav-Links HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
Nav-Links can be downloaded intentionally as a ‘useful tool’. However, in most of occasions it comes on computer without asking user’s permission. For that, it relies on freeware and shareware, which is always filled with various components. We don’t recommend using such programs or, if you really need one, monitoring installation process and getting rid of every unknown component. Once it enters its target PC, Nav-Links installs itself on almost every web browser and starts its annoying activity. Remember, adware programs may initiate unsafe activities, such as browser's redirections to insecure websites, and may start tracking users or try to steal their personal information. If you want to prevent that, you should remove Nav-Links.
HOW TO REMOVE Nav-Links virus?
When trying to remove Nav-Links virus, you can use either manual removal or automatic removal. We recommend selecting automatic removal option because you may need some PC-related knowledge to get ability to uninstall it via Add/Remove Programs. However, if you think that you have enough of it, you should follow these steps:
You can remove Nav-Links automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Nav-Links from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Nav-Links from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Nav-Links from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Nav-Links from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Nav-Links from Safari
Remove Nav-Links from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Nav-Links from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Nav-Links or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Nav-Links from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Nav-Links or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Nav-Links from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Nav-Links and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Nav-Links removal.
Remove Nav-Links from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Nav-Links and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Nav-Links removal.
Remove Nav-Links from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Nav-Links and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Nav-Links removal.
Remove Nav-Links from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Nav-Links or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Nav-Links removal process.
Complete Nav-Links removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Nav-Links registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Nav-Links
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.