Nav-Links is an advertising platform, which can also be called an adware or browser hijacker. That’s because this application infiltrates computers without user’s knowledge. In addition, it hijacks web browsers and starts showing its pop-up advertisements every time when a new browsing session begins. While in most of occasions it shows up when browsing with Mozilla Firefox web browser, it may also affect Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Safari web browsers. Technically, Nav-Links is not a virus because it has no malicious code inside. However, it is called ‘a potentially unwanted application’ because it interrupts users with the ads and also redirects them to predetermined websites. If you want to get rid of these things, you are recommended to remove Nav-Links virus from your computer.
HOW Nav-Links CAN GET INSIDE MY COMPUTER?
Nav-Links can be downloaded intentionally as a ‘useful tool’. However, in most of occasions it comes on computer without asking user’s permission. For that, it relies on freeware and shareware, which is always filled with various components. We don’t recommend using such programs or, if you really need one, monitoring installation process and getting rid of every unknown component. Once it enters its target PC, Nav-Links installs itself on almost every web browser and starts its annoying activity. Remember, adware programs may initiate unsafe activities, such as browser's redirections to insecure websites, and may start tracking users or try to steal their personal information. If you want to prevent that, you should remove Nav-Links.
HOW TO REMOVE Nav-Links?
When trying to remove Nav-Links virus, you should firstly uninstall it via Add/Remove Programs. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Nav-links, BrowserAdditions, Plus HD, MonsterMarketplace or similar name.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
After that, scan the system with updated SpyHunter or STOPzilla to make sure that there are no malicious entries on your machine left.
Finally, restore your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and similar entries, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use