Online Advertising Support (also known as Advertising Support) is an advertising platform that helps advertisers to drive traffic to their websites and an option to monetize for websites publishers. Sounds not that bad, does it? However, many internet users are complaining about Online Advertising Support ads. These ads may appear out of nowhere and be very distracting and annoying. Moreover, similar advertising platforms may have one major flaw. As long as Online Advertising Support developers are getting money, they do not care what content is distributed thru this platform. Therefore, you should be very careful because you may get redirected to a very unsafe website and expose your computer to various cyber threats. Furthermore, if you are constantly seeing these annoying ads, there is a high possibility that you have an unwanted intruder somewhere in your system. Usually,these intruders are labeled as adwares and potentially unwanted programs.
This advertising platform may be closely associated with numerous freewares. We have noticed that Online Advertising Support ads may appear right after you install an unfamiliar freeware that had ad-supported application as an extra attachment. Don't worry, such dubious intruders can be easily avoided. You just need to check every program that you are going to install. That is why you should read end-user license agreement (EULA) section before any questionable installation. Try not to rush the installation process. Instead, select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation method and try to find hidden attachments. Unmark such attachments as Video Downloader, Frevens, Plus-HD, etc. and continue with the installation.
Adware that is related to this platform may extremely annoy you. Therefore, you need to remove it as quickly as possible. Check your recently installed programs and remove the odd-looking ones. Follow these simple instructions and remove Online Advertising Support virus from your system:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Frevens, Plus-HD, BetterSurf, HD-Plus, Feven, Websteroids or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.
Information added: 06/05/14 02:50;
information updated: 06/05/14 02:50