What is Search.certified-toolbar.com?
Search.certified-toolbar.com may try to create an image that it's a legitimate website, which was designed to help users with their search sessions on the Internet. However, many security experts have started to categorize it as browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program. It seems that the main reason why they are doing so is its behavior. Beware that this search engine may hijack all of your web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) right after infiltrating your computer. In addition, it may try to initiate continuous redirects to predetermined websites that are typically trying to increase their page rank or sales. Beware that after getting inside the system, this hijacker virus may also try to change your start page and the default search engine. It is capable of altering all of web browsers, so you may find Search.certified-toolbar.com on each of your engines, like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. If you have been performing your search sessions with the help of Search.certified-toolbar.com or similar search engines, there is one reason that should make you concerned. Beware that this site may show you altered search results that may trick you into visiting unknown websites.
Besides, it can easily make you to install its toolbar (Certified Toolbar), which is also capable of showing altered search results. Finally, just like other search engines, this application may start tracking your browsing habits. Typically, it collects search terms, mostly visited websites, data that is added when visiting each of user's favorite sites and so on. Typically, this information is considered as personally non-identifiable. However, it may be used for unfair marketing companies and similar aims. That's why we would like to recommend you to avoid Search.certified-toolbar.com. It is has showed up on your computer without your approval, you should use a guide below or scan your computer with SpyHunter. This will help you to get rid of all potentially unwanted programs, like browser hijackers, adwares and similar intruders.
HOW CAN Search.certified-toolbar.com hijack my computer?
The browser hijacker, which is connected to Search.certified-toolbar.com website, is spread using spam e-mail attachments, freeware or shareware programs, so you should avoid visiting unofficial websites and downloading programs from them. As soon as it gets inside the PC, it alters system settings and causes redirections on any browser you use. So, no matter which search engine you open, Bing, Google, Yahoo or other, search results will be redirected to Search.certified-toolbar.com or other trustworthy-looking domain. This virus may slow the system down, display unwanted pop-up ads and commercial messages. Besides, it may lead you to hacked sites that spread unwanted programs or even malware. While this website is not infected by itself, we do not recommend ignoring Search.certified-toolbar.com redirections.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Search.certified-toolbar.com?
To stop all this havoc, which was initiated by Certified toolbar, you should follow a guide below and fix your computer. We recommend you to select automatic removal method, but you can also use a manual removal guide that is given down below:
You can remove Search.certified-toolbar.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Search.certified-toolbar.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Search.certified-toolbar.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search.certified-toolbar.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.certified-toolbar.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Search.certified-toolbar.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.certified-toolbar.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.certified-toolbar.com removal.
Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.certified-toolbar.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.certified-toolbar.com removal.
Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.certified-toolbar.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.certified-toolbar.com removal.
Remove Search.certified-toolbar.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Search.certified-toolbar.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.certified-toolbar.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.certified-toolbar.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete Search.certified-toolbar.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Search.certified-toolbar.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Search.certified-toolbar.com
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.