What do you must know about Search.mystartabsearch.com?
Your homepage address might be altered by Search.mystartabsearch.com virus if you tend not to care how you install computer programs. As a result, browser redirects, web ads, system slowdowns and other problems might start bothering you. This virus comes with MyStartab extension, which gets installed on Firefox and Chrome browsers. It keeps the previously mentioned URL as the default start page and search engine address, trying to convince the user to use the questionable search engine that is situated on that site. Now, even if this site looks useful and entertaining, you shouldn’t rush to explore the services that it provides or click on links presented on it. We have to disappoint you and tell you that links provided by that suspicious site or its search tool might lead you to highly questionable sites featuring possibly malicious downloads. It must be noted that this hijacker alters browser’s settings in an untrustworthy way, seeking to present third-party content and make users visit their affiliate websites because it generates pay-per-click revenue for each visitor it points to a certain third-party website.
If you do not want to be involved in such scheme and if you would like to use a search tool that would provide you with relevant and not sponsored search results, you should start thinking about Search.mystartabsearch.com removal. This browser hijacker is a product of Imali Media, which has already released hundreds of useless hijackers that are made to promote questionable search tools, such as SearchInVietnam.com, Search.newtabtvplussearch.com, and many more. Due to suspicious activities on the infected computer system, it is recommended to remove Search.mystartabsearch.com redirect virus for good. Plus, another significant disadvantage that this ad-supported software has is that it might start displaying third-party advertisements or redirecting the user to predetermined websites during his/hers browsing sessions. Annoying promotional offers that show up in new tabs or pop up in new windows are something that the majority of computer users wish to avoid. Therefore, Search.mystartabsearch.com hijack should not be tolerated. As we have mentioned, this potentially unwanted program should be uninstalled, and you can use Reimage for that.
How does the developer of this hijacker propagate it?
If you question yourself how did this program hijack my computer system, you should look to the past and remember what programs you have decided to install lately. Remember – the Internet is full of free and entertaining programs, sadly, some of them can be bundled with not so useful applications, so it is important to learn how to opt them out before they get installed on the system. You can reject bundled software when installing your desired program simply by adjusting installation settings. Hence, instead of relying on Default or Standard installation settings, you should choose Advanced or Custom option. Do not forget to alter these settings once you choose them – they reveal what additional components can be installed alongside your download, so make sure you deselect them all. Avoid any suspicious search tools, apps, browser extensions, and other pieces of unknown software suggested to you.
How does one remove Search.mystartabsearch.com?
Typically, people who experience problems caused by this hijacker seek to remove Search.mystartabsearch.com virus as soon as they can. Luckily, it is not that hard to do that. You just need an anti-spyware software, which scans the computer system and detects spyware and malware threats automatically. Alternatively, you can use Search.mystartabsearch.com removal instructions prepared by the 2-Spyware team. You can find them below. Please follow each step carefully and uninstall this hijacker properly if you do not want to encounter it residing in your browser ever again.
You can remove Search.mystartabsearch.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Search.mystartabsearch.com virus Removal Guide:
Remove Search.mystartabsearch.com from Windows systems
Clean your computer from unknown applications and every web browser from extensions related to MyStarTab and other programs developed by Imali Media.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.mystartabsearch.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.mystartabsearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.mystartabsearch.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XFirefoxGoogle Chrome
Remove Search.mystartabsearch.com from Mac OS X system
Uninstall all programs and browser extensions by Imali Media. Your main target is MyStarTab.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.mystartabsearch.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Search.mystartabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.mystartabsearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.mystartabsearch.com removal.
Remove Search.mystartabsearch.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.mystartabsearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.mystartabsearch.com removal.