What is Search.sweetpacks.com?
Search.sweetpacks.com is categorized as either a browser hijacker or a potentially unwanted program. This means that this program may infiltrate your computer behind your back and may initiate various changes on each of your web browsers. Some of them my lead you to browsing-related problems, such as redirects to unknown websites, slow downs on each of web browsers, etc. Just like any other browser hijacker, Search.sweetpacks.com may hijack each of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers. Besides, this PUP may install the Sweetpacks toolbar on your computer without any permission asked. As a result, you may find out that your start page or a default search engine was changed without your approval. In addition, you may start suffering from annoying ads and in-text links that, after being clicked, are trying to redirect you to unknown websites. NO matter how trustworthy this search engine looks, you should be careful with it because it may show you altered search results. In addition, it may start tracking your browsing on the Internet and may collect such information as your search terms, mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting them, your computer's IP address, its location and so on. If you have just discovered that this search engine infiltrated your computer, you should not fall for Search.sweetpacks.com misleading looks! It may seem like Google but it's definitely not as effective as this search engine. In this case, you should install a reputable anti-spyware and remove this browser hijacker. For that we recommend usingReimage (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X). .
HOW CAN Search.sweetpacks.com hijack my computer?
Search.sweetpacks.com may come bundled with other software, which is usually downloaded by users without thinking. Typically, such software is free games, program updates and other downloads that always have some components that are listed in the components list or License agreement. Of course, you can avoid downloading this program by unchecking it from this list, so do that everytime when you decide to download something for free. As soon as it gets on the system, it modifies browser's settings and changes user's homepage, search engine, installs its toolbar and does similar things that are not normal for legitimate programs. Basically, such viruses are used for helping for site owners to get some pay-per-click money. As you can see, Search.sweetpacks.com is completely annoying and should be removed as soon as possible.
HOW TO REMOVE Search.sweetpacks.com virus?
In order to remove search.sweetpacks.com from your PC system, you should uninstall each of its components. You should get rid of Sweetpacks Toolbar and its Search engine that may be appearing on each of your web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browser. For that you can either use an updated anti-spyware (that's automatic removal method of this hijacker) or rely on manual removal steps. In this case, you should be especially careful because each of these steps should be performed in right order. Otherwise, you may remove useful applications.
You can remove Search.sweetpacks.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Safari
Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search.sweetpacks.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.sweetpacks.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.sweetpacks.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.sweetpacks.com removal.
Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.sweetpacks.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.sweetpacks.com removal.
Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.sweetpacks.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.sweetpacks.com removal.
Remove Search.sweetpacks.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.sweetpacks.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.sweetpacks.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.sweetpacks.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Comments on Search.sweetpacks.com
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.