TornTV is a legitimate application, which can be easily downloaded from the Internet. However, security experts had to include it to the category of browser hijackers because it has started initiating various potentially unwanted activities. From the first sight, it may look that TornTV is a legitimate tool, which can help you to watch TV programs and download video files on your computer. In fact, it does what it says. However, as soon as this potentially unwanted program gets inside the system, it may start displaying various pop-up ads, cause continuous redirects to Torntv.com or other websites, start slowing down each of web browser and may initiate other unwanted activities against people's will. Moreover, we have included this program into our database because it may be spread in conjunction with other programs. Mostly, that's freeware and shareware that belongs to questionable developers that seek to earn some easy money. No matter how safe TornTV looks, you should take into account that it may pose a huge harm to your computer. In fact, it may also pose a serious harm to you because it may be be used to track users' PC activity and collect their search queries, search terms and similar information. If you have already been suffering from TornTV ads, redirects and similar issues, you should waste no time and remove this malware from your computer.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH TornTV malware?
You can install TornTV from its official website. However, if infected with TornTV malware or TornTV redirect virus, you may notice continuous redirects to this site no matter which web browser or search engine you use. As soon as it gets inside the system, it may change your DNS settings and affect all browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. This activity results in continuous TornTV redirects, slow downs and similar inconveniences. Please, do NOT ignore these issues because you can never know what else may be installed on your computer!. If you want to prevent infiltration of TornTV virus, the first thing that you must understand is that you must protect your PC with reputable anti-spyware. In addition, you should spend more time when installing freeware on your computer. Before you install a program, check what other people say about it. In addition, select Custom or Advanced installation and opt out of various plugins, add-ons, toolbars and extensions. If you think that your PC has already been affected, you shouldn't ignore this. We are not sure about one thing - whether this page has been hacked by cyber criminals or it belongs to cyber criminals. However, we know the main thing – you must remove TornTV malware ASAP. For that you can follow a step-by-step guide that was prepared by our security experts.
HOW CAN I REMOVE TornTV malware?
In order to remove TornTV virus from your computer, we recommend running a full system scan with automated anti-malware program. In this case, STOPzilla, Reimage or Malwarebytes Anti Malware would be really helpful. However, you can also follow a guide that is given below and remove this hijacker manually.
You can remove TornTV malware automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove TornTV malware from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove TornTV malware from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove TornTV malware from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove TornTV malware from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove TornTV malware from Safari
Remove TornTV malware from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove TornTV malware from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for TornTV malware or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove TornTV malware from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for TornTV malware or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove TornTV malware from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for TornTV malware and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete TornTV malware removal.
Remove TornTV malware from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select TornTV malware and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete TornTV malware removal.
Remove TornTV malware from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select TornTV malware and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete TornTV malware removal.
Remove TornTV malware from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for TornTV malware or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by TornTV malware, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete TornTV malware removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on TornTV malware
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.