v9.com virus is a browser hijacker, which is used to increase the traffic to v9.com and promote this website to earn the money. If infected with this cyber threat, user finds serious problems when trying to browse the web and find what he/she really needs. Every time victim tries to search the web, the search is rerouted to v9.com, th.v9.com or safe.v9.com websites no matter which search engine it uses. Besides, v9 virus can also install its toolbar and start appearing instead of your homepage. As you can see, having this virus is really inconvenient. Besides, it can be dangerous as well, because you can be easily redirected to malicious website as well. If you are also suffer from such problems, scan your PC with reputable anti-malware and remove v9 virus without any delay.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH v9 virus?
V9.com virus can get on your computer by several ways: you can download it together with freeware or shareware programs or simply let inside after clicking on malicious link left on some hacked site. Besides, this browser hijacker can easily come in a bundle with other malware. Once it gets there, it starts doing everything to start its redirections. Typically, it alters DNS settings, changes the homepage settings and starts redirecting its victim. Of course, all these changes are made without any permission asked. When infected with v9.com virus, you will not only be made to visit this website against your will - v9.com virus has also been reported to display various pop-up advertisements. If you see them, you must check your computer for v9.com virus and remove this threat immediately.
HOW CAN I REMOVE v9 virus?
If you think you are infected with v9.com virus, you should run a full system scan with automated anti-malware or anti-virus program. Try using STOPzilla or SpyHunter in this case. Additionally, in order to complete removal of v9 virus and fix each of your browsers, follow these steps:
- Uninstall programs that are related to V9 virus:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for V9 Toolbar and all those entries that have 'coupon', 'discount', etc. in their name.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
Remove Trovi from your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar plugins (V9 toolbar, etc.) and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove v9.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (V9 toolbar, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate v9.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (V9 Toolbar, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate v9.com by clicking on the "X" and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines...' and add your preferred domain name.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use