What is v9.com virus?
v9.com is a very suspicious search engine, which can also be called as a browser hijacker. If you like browsing thru security forums, you may have already noticed various discussions about it. Some people claim that this is a virus that infiltrated their computers without any permission asked, others believe that it's a normal search engine that can be used just like Google, Yahoo or Bing. If you don't want to find yourself on suspicious and unknown websites, you should stay away from v9 search site because this search engine may easily show you altered search results that may be filled with questionable links. This technology is used to increase the web traffic to required web sites and promote them in this way. In addition, when hijacked by v9.com hijacker, you may notice that each of your web browsers is full of various ads. Every time when trying to search the web you may be interrupted by commercial pop-up ads, alerts about discounts, price comparisons, coupons and similar things. No matter how trustworthy they look, you should stay away from them as far as you can. Besides, it has been reported that v9 virus can also track people's browsing activity and record related information. If you think that your search terms, mostly visited websites, time that you spend when visiting your favorite websites or data that you enter when visiting them shouldn't be revealed for third parties, you should remove this questionable search site from your computer. In fact, it may show up on your machine together with its toolbar and take over your homepage or a default search engine. If you want to avoid that, you should scan your PC with reputable anti-malware and remove v9.com without any delay. For that we highly recommend using Reimage.
HOW CAN v9.com hijack my computer?
V9.com can get on your computer with a help of several ways: you can download it together with freeware or shareware, or you can simply set this search site as your start page or default search engine voluntarily. In order to avoid that, you have to double check your security software and try to select only Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. If this hijacker manages to get inside the system, it may start doing everything to get ability to initiate its redirections. So, it may alter web browser settings, change the homepage or default search engine settings and initiate other suspicious activities. Of course, all these changes are made without any permission asked. After that you may be forced to visit this website against your will and, unfortunately, that's not the end. In addition, you may start seeing various pop-up advertisements, start suffering from redirects, slow downs and other issues.
HOW CAN I REMOVE v9 virus?
If you think you are infected with v9.com virus, you should run a full system scan with automated anti-malware or anti-virus program, or follow these manual removal steps. Please, be very careful if using this removal methods and make that you follow every step in right order to avoid system damage.
You can remove v9.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove v9.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove v9.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove v9.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove v9.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove v9.com from Safari
Remove v9.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove v9.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for v9.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove v9.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for v9.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove v9.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for v9.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete v9.com removal.
Remove v9.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select v9.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete v9.com removal.
Remove v9.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select v9.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete v9.com removal.
Remove v9.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for v9.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by v9.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete v9.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on v9.com virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.