Why do I see 555.in.th on my browser?
555.in.th virus is a browser hijacker which started spreading around in 2014. Unfortunately, but it is still active and there is no chance it will stop hijacking computers in the nearest future. If this potentially unwanted program has already showed up on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or another web browser, you should stop using it because it mostly displays fake search results. At first sight it may seem that it is very helpful and easy to use because it contains many links to popular websites that are divided into certain categories. It also displays temperature of the weather and allows to access Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with one click. Unfortunately, you should keep in mind that such questionable search engines may display search results that are fill with third party links. At this point, you should realize that you may be redirected to a malicious websites which is filled with questionable and suspicious programs. To protect yourself from all possible infections, you should remove 555.in.th from your computer.
How can this virus hijack my browsers?
This doubtful website may start appearing on your browser (IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) every time you start your browsing on the Internet. If that happens, it means that your internet browsers have already been hijacked by 555.in.th virus. In order to find the source of this infiltration, you should check your recently installed programs. We say so because this dubious application usually travels around bundled with all kinds of freeware. This distribution technique has been working without a trouble because many internet users fail to check if the programs that they are installing on their computers have hidden attachments or not. It is not a secret that most of the free software is filled with questionable attachments, such as plug-ins, add-ons, extensions and so on.
How to remove 555.in.th virus from my computer?
Although this browse plug-in has been claiming to be powered by Google, we recommend using the original search engine instead of this one. Otherwise, you may be tricked by its sponsored links, pop-up ads and similar content which belongs to third parties and seeks to trick users into visiting sponsored websites. To stay safe, you should be very careful with free software which is offered on the Internet. However, if you have already been tricked into downloading 555.in.th to your PC system, follow these instructions and remove the browser hijacker from your system:
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove 555.in.th redirect, follow these steps:
Remove 555.in.th from Windows systems
When trying to complete 555.in.th removal on your computer and forget about this browser hijacker, you must get rid of each of its components. In this case, check your Task Manager for these entries: 555.in.th, startgo123.com, worldsearchpro.com, searchnow360.com, etc.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall 555.in.th and related programs
Here, look for 555.in.th or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove 555.in.th from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Erase 555.in.th from Mac OS X system
You should uninstall every component of 555.in.th virus if you want to prevent its reappearance on your computer in the future. We recommend eliminating these and similar entries: 555.in.th, startgo123.com, worldsearchpro.com, searchnow360.com, etc.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for 555.in.th or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Get rid of 555.in.th from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for 555.in.th and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete 555.in.th removal.
Delete 555.in.th from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select 555.in.th and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete 555.in.th removal.
Uninstall 555.in.th from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select 555.in.th and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete 555.in.th removal.
Remove 555.in.th from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for 555.in.th or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by 555.in.th, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete 555.in.th removal process.
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. It is a hassle when your website is protected from suspicious connections and unauthorized IP addresses.
The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address. If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for server or network manager that need to monitor connections and activities. This is how you bypass some of the authentications factors and can remotely use your banking accounts without triggering suspicious with each login.
VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world. It is better to clock the access to your website from different IP addresses. So you can keep the project safe and secure when you have the dedicated IP address VPN and protected access to the content management system.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer various losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Software issues created by malware or direct data loss due to encryption can lead to problems with your device or permanent damage. When you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work.
It is crucial to create updates to your backups after any changes on the device, so you can get back to the point you were working on when malware changes anything or issues with the device causes data or performance corruption. Rely on such behavior and make file backup your daily or weekly habit.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware occurs out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the system restoring purpose.