Why do I see 555.in.th on my browser?
555.in.th virus is a browser hijacker which started spreading around in 2014. Unfortunately, but it is still active and there is no chance it will stop hijacking computers in the nearest future. If this potentially unwanted program has already showed up on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or another web browser, you should stop using it because it mostly displays fake search results. At first sight it may seem that it is very helpful and easy to use because it contains many links to popular websites that are divided into certain categories. It also displays temperature of the weather and allows to access Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with one click. Unfortunately, you should keep in mind that such questionable search engines may display search results that are fill with third party links. At this point, you should realize that you may be redirected to a malicious websites which is filled with questionable and suspicious programs. To protect yourself from all possible infections, you should remove 555.in.th from your computer.
How can this virus hijack my browsers?
This doubtful website may start appearing on your browser (IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) every time you start your browsing on the Internet. If that happens, it means that your internet browsers have already been hijacked by 555.in.th virus. In order to find the source of this infiltration, you should check your recently installed programs. We say so because this dubious application usually travels around bundled with all kinds of freeware. This distribution technique has been working without a trouble because many internet users fail to check if the programs that they are installing on their computers have hidden attachments or not. It is not a secret that most of the free software is filled with questionable attachments, such as plug-ins, add-ons, extensions and so on.
How to remove 555.in.th virus from my computer?
Although this browse plug-in has been claiming to be powered by Google, we recommend using the original search engine instead of this one. Otherwise, you may be tricked by its sponsored links, pop-up ads and similar content which belongs to third parties and seeks to trick users into visiting sponsored websites. To stay safe, you should be very careful with free software which is offered on the Internet. However, if you have already been tricked into downloading 555.in.th to your PC system, follow these instructions and remove the browser hijacker from your system:
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove 555.in.th redirect, follow these steps:
Remove 555.in.th from Windows systems
When trying to complete 555.in.th removal on your computer and forget about this browser hijacker, you must get rid of each of its components. In this case, check your Task Manager for these entries: 555.in.th, startgo123.com, worldsearchpro.com, searchnow360.com, etc.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall 555.in.th and related programs
Here, look for 555.in.th or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove 555.in.th from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Erase 555.in.th from Mac OS X system
You should uninstall every component of 555.in.th virus if you want to prevent its reappearance on your computer in the future. We recommend eliminating these and similar entries: 555.in.th, startgo123.com, worldsearchpro.com, searchnow360.com, etc.
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove 555.in.th redirect from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for 555.in.th redirect-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove 555.in.th redirect, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to 555.in.th redirect and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the 555.in.th redirect-related entries.
Get rid of 555.in.th from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for 555.in.th redirect and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete 555.in.th redirect removal.
Delete 555.in.th from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select 555.in.th and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete 555.in.th removal.
Uninstall 555.in.th from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select 555.in.th and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete 555.in.th removal.
Remove 555.in.th from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for 555.in.th or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by 555.in.th, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete 555.in.th removal process.
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.