Can I trust Online Ad Scanner?
Online Ad Scanner is not what you have thought. If you installed this program thinking that it could help you find the best prices on the Internet, we will have to disappoint you. In reality, it is an adware which is used for collecting pay-per-click income. While seeking this aim, it keeps bothering its victims with sponsored ads and interrupts them during each of their browsing sessions. We must warn you that Online Ad Scanner virus may trick you into visiting questionable sites, so you must double-check each of its pop-up ads before clicking links that can be seen in them! Beware that its developers take no responsibility for these updates, so there is no doubt that you must avoid these pop-up ads and redirects. The easiest way to get rid of them is to remove this adware. This is especially recommended if it has infiltrated your machine behind your back. More information about distribution methods used by this PUP and Online Ad Scanner removal is provided below. If you need a quick solutions, use Reimage.
In the beginning, people usually find “ads by Online Ad Scanner” useful and feel tempted to click them. However, after some time you may notice that something is wrong with them. The main thing that makes them so interesting is that this questionable program is capable of automatically collecting statistics about people’s browsing. Once it collects a needed amount of data, it transfers it to its developers who start using it for advertising aims. This PUP can also modify your PC system, alter your start page/default search engine and similar settings. Once it finishes this process, it starts generating tons of commercial advertisements on all of web browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc). In reality, these ads are displayed for causing redirects to sponsored websites. The problem is that users can never be sure what websites they may be redirected to. Surfing thru such websites may cause troubles and may trick you into downloading another adware or even malware on your computer. If you want to stay safe, make sure you remove Online Ad Scanner from your computer.
How can this adware hijack my computer?
Online Ad Scanner is a typical adware that may infiltrate your computer via various freeware and shareware. It may sneak into computer unnoticed and without an appropriate permission asked. Close examination of this adware has revealed that it is mostly distributed via download managers, video streaming software and PDF creators on various download websites, such as download.com, soft32.com, softonic.com and many other. Once installed, it starts working on every web browser, including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, diminishes browser’s performance, displays irritating ads and pose threat to end up with virus infection. To avoid this situation, users should be more careful during installation of freeware.
How to remove Online Ad Scanner virus from my computer?
Online Ad Scanner removal is not a complicated task. However, there are several things that you have to know. First of all, this is a sneaky PUP that travels along with different components. These components can be hidden deep inside your system, so there is no doubt that you should think about automatic removal of this program. Keeping it on the system may pose a serious risk to your non-personal information which is typically collected from its installation day. Also, you may be redirected to infected websites by Online Ad Scanner virus because its developers do not monitor third parties that they promote. To avoid this, install one of anti-spyware tools given below or follow manual removal instructions:
You can remove Online Ad Scanner automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Online Ad Scanner ads, follow these steps:
Uninstall Online Ad Scanner from Windows systems
When trying to get rid of this adware manually, make sure you find each of its related components. For example, Online Ad Scanner, Window Route Manager, Network packet analyzer and others.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
Uninstall Online Ad Scanner and related programs
Here, look for Online Ad Scanner or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Erase Online Ad Scanner from Mac OS X system
To uninstall Online Ad Scanner from the system and prevent its infiltration in the future, make sure you eliminate these programs as well: Window Route Manager, Online Ad Scanner, Network Packet Analyzer, etc.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Online Ad Scanner or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Eliminate Online Ad Scanner from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Online Ad Scanner and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Online Ad Scanner removal.
Delete Online Ad Scanner from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Online Ad Scanner and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Online Ad Scanner removal.
Get rid of Online Ad Scanner from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Online Ad Scanner and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Online Ad Scanner removal.
Uninstall Online Ad Scanner from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Online Ad Scanner or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Online Ad Scanner removal process.