AtoZManuals Toolbar. What is it, and is it trustworthy?
AtoZManuals Toolbar virus is a wrong term that computer users tend to use. This ad-supported application is entirely legitimate and safe to use, however, you should still follow general safe-browsing rules while using it. This application is advertised as a “Chrome New Tab,” which helps you to find free manuals for 1000s of products quickly. It might seem like a useful feature for some, but you should know that this program changes default homepage and search engine settings after being installed. If you do not agree with this condition, you should not install it or if you already did, remove AtoZManuals Toolbar from your computer.
As we have already stated, you should expect to see changes in your homepage and default search engine settings after installing this system tool. Your homepage, just like your new tab page will be switched to MyWay search, and this search engine is going to show up each time you open your Internet browser. You can switch the search mode from Web Search to Manuals Search, and look for the information you need there. Now we would like to discuss the Web Search feature that this A to Z Manuals site offers. According to the site, it is an “enhanced” Google search. If you wonder whether this search engine is good or useful, it all depends whether you like to see sponsored search results or not. Comparing to the actual Google Search, this one shows quite a lot of paid search results, which can annoy some computer users. Clicking on a search result that is below the “Ads” label will make you face AtoZManuals redirect, which is going to lead you to a particular third-party website. Be careful while browsing these sites; sometimes, third-party sites can be untrustworthy.
Questions about AtoZManuals Toolbar
What is more, the developer of this toolbar admits that this search engine provides integrated sponsored search results: “We may allow third-parties, […] advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements or place ad tags or beacons” on or via this application, and warns that “these companies may use tracking technologies, [..] to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements.” Be careful; the information that might be collected consists of your interest and usage data, for instance, your browsing history and time spent on websites that you have visited, demographic data (age, zip, gender, postal code). If you do not want to share such information, then it is time to start thinking about AtoZManuals removal.
How does this program spread?
Just like any other legitimate application, this one has its official website, which provides a free download link. However, AtoZManuals program can be installed without informing you in a direct way. It might be offered to you during the setup of another program; in general, many free applications during their installation suggest downloading additional third-party applications. If you do not want to miss these suggestions, make sure you check custom/advanced settings and then look through the list of suggested apps. If you do not like to install some kind of a program, just deselect it. Then proceed with the installation until you click “Install” button, wait, and then hit “Finish.”
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of AtoZManuals Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove AtoZManuals?
If you do not like how AtoZManuals Toolbar works or if you find its features unuseful, then remove it from your computer system. You can exclude it from your computer by following these AtoZManuals removal instructions that we have just prepared:
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove AtoZManuals Toolbar, follow these steps:
Uninstall AtoZManuals Toolbar from Windows systems
Try to locate AtoZManuals Toolbar, MyWay or similar programs in the Programs list. Then uninstall them.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall AtoZManuals Toolbar and related programs
Here, look for AtoZManuals Toolbar or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove AtoZManuals Toolbar from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Remove AtoZManuals Toolbar from Mac OS X system
Look for MyWay or AtoZManuals Toolbar apps and if you can find them – move them to Trash.
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove AtoZManuals Toolbar from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for AtoZManuals Toolbar-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove AtoZManuals Toolbar, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to AtoZManuals Toolbar and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the AtoZManuals Toolbar-related entries.
Delete AtoZManuals Toolbar from Internet Explorer (IE)
Open browser Toolbars and Extensions and find AtoZManuals Toolbar there. You can also look for extensions marked as “by MyWay.” Remove them.
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for AtoZManuals Toolbar and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete AtoZManuals Toolbar removal.
Get rid of AtoZManuals Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Access Firefox extensions and remove AtoZManuals Toolbar, MyWay and similar extensions from there.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select AtoZManuals Toolbar and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete AtoZManuals Toolbar removal.
Eliminate AtoZManuals Toolbar from Google Chrome
Go to Google Chrome extensions and delete AtoZManuals Toolbar extension. Try to identify and remove other suspicious-looking extensions as well.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select AtoZManuals Toolbar and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete AtoZManuals Toolbar removal.
Uninstall AtoZManuals Toolbar from Safari
Go to Safari extensions and look for AtoZManuals Toolbar, MyWay or similar extensions there. You have to delete them.
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for AtoZManuals Toolbar or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by AtoZManuals Toolbar, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete AtoZManuals Toolbar removal process.
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.