Badut Clowns ransomware (Free Guide) - Decryption Methods Included
Badut Clowns virus Removal Guide
What is Badut Clowns ransomware?
Badut Clowns ransomware is the part of Jigsaw virus family that demands $200 in Bitcoin paid in an hour or your data gets destroyed
Badut Clowns ransomware is the malicious software that encrypts files for the purpose of demanding the payment from the victim. Badut Clowns ransomware is the notorious cryptovirus that shows a pop-up window with ransom demand when files get marked using .badutclowns file extension. This file extension is a new one thrown in the mix of Jigsaw virus versions. The typical ransom amount for this family was $150, but this recent variant demands “at least” $200 from the start and scares victims with a disturbing picture. Also, these cybercriminals require payment in less than 1 hour, that is not a long time. Extortionists also state that there is no other option for encrypted files besides their decryption tool that you need to pay for. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that malicious actors will recover your data, so you shouldn't contact them via provided email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previously Jigsaw virus versions were decryptable, but the official Badut Clowns virus decryption tool is not developed yet. To have a better opportunity for file decryption in the future, you should store all malware-related files, encrypted data on the external device, and wait for the program. If you choose to recover files, remember to eliminate the threat completely because ransomware can encrypt other data newly found on the machine. Various malicious files get downloaded on the infected device during all the system alterations, and ransomware is terminated once those are deleted completely.
|Name||Badut Clowns ransomware|
|Virus family||Jigsaw ransomware|
|Files associated with the malware||
These files can be found on the system and until they are deleted ransomware can run malicious processes: overview.html; flog.txt; stix-report.xml; win32.exe
|Ransom note||The message about encryption and ransom demands shows up on the screen as a pop-up program window. Also, Desktop is set to the same background image containing ransom demand|
|Ransom amount||The victim is encouraged to pay $200 in Bitcoin in less than 1 hour from the time the message gets demanded. If not a hard disk and all the files going to be destroyed|
|Distribution||Malicious files from torrent sites, spam email attachments or malicious websites|
|Elimination||For the proper Badut Clowns ransomware removal, you need a professional anti-malware tool that can detect the threat. RestoroIntego should help you with system cleaning and malware termination|
This Badut Clowns ransomware virus encrypts files and modifies those photos, documents, archives, audio or video files by adding .badutclowns extension on each and every one. Once that is done a program window with a scary message appears on the screen and immediately gets set as the Desktop background.
Criminals state that Badut Clowns ransomware decryption tool is the only solution for your files and redirects you to a Bitcoin payment window. The victim feels more pushed to pay since the ransom note states about total data and hard disk corruption. Also, malware creators state that this virus can be spread on other machines connected to the same network.
However, Badut Clowns ransomware creators may scam you because, after payment, criminals may not provide any details regarding the data recovery. Paying is not recommended by any experts or researchers. Often, those Bitcoin wallet addresses are not even tracked, and paying is useless. Badut Clowns virus is the ransomware-type threat that aims to gain money from as many victims as possible. The threat spreads around the world and can target any Windows-based device. Badut Clowns ransomware infection happens behind your back and before the file encryption, so you cannot be sure how much the virus already altered on the machine. This type is known for altering system files, registry entries, and even installing programs or disabling features already running on the machine.
You should react to this infection as soon as possible and remove Badut Clowns ransomware from the machine, instead of following these instructions. The initial pop-up and Desktop background show the following:
Important. I'm Badut Clowns, Welcome to my little game
Perhaps you are busy looking for a way to recover your files, but don't waste your time.
Nobody can recover your files without our decryption service.
I will give you 1 hour from now, to send a sum of $200 via bitcoin
If you ignore this warning, we will lock all your personal data within 2 hours
Not only that, We will destroy your pc harddisk within 2 hours
We have controlled your wifi network and will spread this malware to all connected devices
Now, let's start enjoy our little game together!
Now, let's start and enjoy our little game together!
1 file will be deleted
[View encrypted files]
Please, send at least $200 worth of Bitcoin here:
[I made a payment, now give me back my files!]
However, before Badut Clowns ransomware removal, you may need a few tips. Since the virus is set to disable security tools and programs, delete some files or at least alter them, a process of virus termination becomes more difficult. You can benefit from Safe Mode with Networking before the full system scan using anti-malware tools.
Programs that can detect malware, corrupted files, or the Badut Clowns ransomware directly are the ones that you need to use. Unfortunately, detection success and names depend on each tool and the database the developer uses. Use RestoroIntego, or any tool that, according to analysis, can find this malware on the machine. Badut Clowns ransomware is a threat that shows a pop-up window with a disturbing image and payment demand to scare victims into paying the ransom.
Ransomware is designed to run in the background once it gets loaded on the system from the malicious file
To spread ransomware widely all over the world, virus creators rely on malicious files and scripts loaded on common types of data like .exe, .dll, or even documents and PDFs. Such files are mainly attached to spam emails or illegal files like cracked software, torrent packages, video game cheats, and so on. Even unofficial software download sites and fake updates pushing pop-ups can lead to infiltration of ransomware or trojans set to infect the machine using a secondary script.
To avoid such infiltrations, you should pay attention to processes happening on the machine and files, programs you download. Torrent sites or pirated software and cracks or cheat codes are files that you choose to download, but cannot be sure that the source is legitimate and trustworthy.
You need to rely on terminating Badut Clowns ransomware virus as soon as possible
To remove Badut Clowns ransomware from your personal computer or the system of the business, other networks, you need to stop all processes that this malware runs in the background. All associated files need to be deleted, and alterations changed back to default. There is a need to change settings in the Windows registry too because any of those virus components can affect your system cleaning results.
Badut Clowns ransomware removal can be easier if you reboot the machine in the Safe Mode with Networking before you employ anti-malware program from the automatic process. Manual procedures are not recommended because it is difficult, and inexperienced users can cause more damage.
You should delete Badut Clowns ransomware virus with tools like RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, or Malwarebytes and uninstall all programs, delete all files associated with the notorious infection. You can find a few additional tips below.
Getting rid of Badut Clowns virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
You should remove Badut Clowns ransomware from the machine as soon as you can. Safe Mode with Networking is the reboot method that should help you during the process
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove Badut Clowns using System Restore
System Restore feature when enabled can recover the machine in a previous version. Once Badut Clowns ransomware is terminated with this method, you can also recover files with Windows Previous Versions
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of Badut Clowns. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove Badut Clowns from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
If your files are encrypted by Badut Clowns, you can use several methods to restore them:
Data Recovery Pro is the program that can help with total file restoring after Badut Clowns ransomware encryption
Get rid of the threat and rely on Data Recovery Pro if you don't have the proper file backups
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by Badut Clowns ransomware;
- Restore them.
Windows Previous Versions feature is the method that you can use to recover individual files after a ransomware
You can employ Windows Previous Versions after the System Restore and Badut Clowns ransomware virus removal
- Find an encrypted file you need to restore and right-click on it;
- Select “Properties” and go to “Previous versions” tab;
- Here, check each of available copies of the file in “Folder versions”. You should select the version you want to recover and click “Restore”.
ShadowExplorer is the system feature helpful with file-encryption damage
When ransomware appends files but leaves Shadow Volume Copies untouched, you can rely on ShadowExplorer
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Follow a Shadow Explorer Setup Wizard and install this application on your computer;
- Launch the program and go through the drop down menu on the top left corner to select the disk of your encrypted data. Check what folders are there;
- Right-click on the folder you want to restore and select “Export”. You can also select where you want it to be stored.
Decryption tool officially was not developed yet
You may try Jigsaw decrypter for the process that was released previously. Get it here
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from Badut Clowns and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.
- ^ Antonio Challita. The four most popular methods hackers use to spread ransomware. ITproportal. Security news and guides.
- ^ Virusai. Virusai. Spyware related news.
- ^ Bruce Sussman. Baltimore, $18 Million Later: 'This Is Why We Didn't Pay the Ransom'. Secureworldexpo. Security awareness news.
- ^ Ransomware payload file detection results. VirusTotal. Online malware scanner.