What is Fast Media Converter?
Fast Media Converter is not only a program that can be used for converting files. It may also become a totally annoying intruder that causes such things as pop-up ads, redirects and slow downs. We say ‘intruder’ because Fast Media Converter may show up on your computer without downloading it there. In most of the cases, it is spread using third party software by including it to their ‘optional downloads’ section. By the way, this program may also be set to track its victims and collect information about their browsing habits. No matter that it states that the only thing it is interested in is personally non-identifiable data, you can never know what information Fast Media Converter may start to collect. If you found this program installed on your computer and you know that you didn’t do this, you should remove it from the system.
How can Fast Media Converter hijack my computer?
Fast Media Converter can be downloaded from various download sites, including download, cnet, etc. By the way, it has its own website s well. However, as you may have already understood, that’s not the only way how it can show up on your computer. This program may also infiltrate without being noticed in a bundle with other programs. What programs can be involved in Fast Media Converter distribution we can never know, so the only way to avoid it is to start paying more attention to the installation process of the freeware and shareware. For that we recommend choosing only Custom/Advanced installation that allows checking what programs are attached to the application that you need to install on the system. Also, reading reviews of other people is also recommended..
How to remove Fast Media Converter?
Technically, Fast Media Converter is not a virus. However, it may cause lots of inconveniences and distractions when inside the system. That's the main reason why we recommend you to remove this program from it. You can do that with a help of this guide that was designed by our security experts:
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.
- Remove Fast Media Converter from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Fast Media Converter.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove Fast Media Converter-related extensions from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.