FlowSurf is yet another suspicious plug-in, which may modify your browser and initiate unwanted advertisements. Developers of this program present it as a reliable application that increases PC's speed and efficiency of the browser. This program is free, so there are many people who have been tempted to download it on their machines. However, we do not recommend installing this application. Once FlowSurf hijacks the browser, it may try to flood you with tons of irritating and random advertisements. In fact, this questionable program is also known to act as a tracking cookie and collect information about your internet surfing habits, search terms, entered data and similar things. targeted advertising and other commercial reasons.
How can FlowSurf hijack my computer?
This extension is completely free and you can easily download it from its official website; however, you should think twice before doing so because even the most respectable anti-spyware programs recognize FlowSurf as a potential threat. You should also be very careful if you are downloading unfamiliar free programs from the Internet. Freewares are often carrying such questionable attachments as FlowSurf virus. If you are not attentive enough, you may overlook and install it on your computer. In order to avoid FlowSurf redirects and commercial messages, you should avoid downloading questionable programs without checking them before installation. Read end-user license agreement section before any doubtful installation and avoid clicking the next button all the time because you may install FlowSurf unintentionally. Finally, closely follow the entire installation process and unmark all unwanted extensions, plugins, toolbars and similar additions that may be offered.
How to remove FlowSurf from my computer?
As we have mentioned before, FlowSurf may infiltrate your PC system unnoticed and then may initiate unwanted system changes. Thats why there are many internet users who have labeled FlowSurf a virus. We must assure you that this program is not a virus because it can't pose harm to any computer. However, we still recommend removing it for avoiding redirects, slow downs and similar issues. For that you should follow these steps:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to FlowSurf:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as FlowSurf 1.0 and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.