Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus Removal Guide
What is Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus?
Funkysocialtabsearch.com – what do you need to know about this site?
Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus is a program that can easily be mistaken with a useful computer program. It is promoted as a FunkySocialTab, an extension to Chrome and Firefox browsers. According to information provided on its official website, it is a tool that allows to “search everybody and learn what’s up with your friends in one click.” Just like the majority of potentially unwanted programs, this one promises to provide useful features while in reality; it is nothing more than a simple browser hijacker used to monetize user’s clicks on sponsored links. Now, the question is, how does this program do that? Let us explain that to you.
Another problem that users who install this potentially unwanted program face is Funkysocialtabsearch.com redirect issue. You might encounter these redirects while browsing through search results or by simply visiting other websites. In addition to that, annoying pop-up ads can start showing up, so please, do not ignore this program. It might be more dangerous than it seems to be. To remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com, run a system test with a malware removal software, and in our opinion, the best choice is ReimageIntego. It can not only remove threats, but also optimize your computer system afterward.
How does this program spread?
Funkysocialtabsearch.com hijack can happen to anyone who has a computer and tends to install computer software in a rush. Please, be attentive when you download new programs – it is extremely important to choose the right method to set up a program. Instead of choosing Default, Standard, Express, or Basic installation methods, opt for Custom or Advanced one. These settings allow you to configure additional components added to your download. These components typically appear to be ad-supported applications, which either display intrusive pop-up and banner advertisements or modify browser settings and provide forged search results. If you would not like to install and use such programs, deselect all additional programs via these installation settings and finish the installation.
How to remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com?
It is not hard to remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus, especially if you had problems with potentially unwanted programs before. Basically, you just need to find the executive file of the application and components that it has added to your Internet browser. Sometimes, such programs do not even have an executive file. You can find a detailed Funkysocialtabsearch.com removal guide below; we also recommend removing the program that this browser hijacker came with (of course, if you can remember which one it was). In case you wish to eliminate it without any hassle, use a malware removal software. Recommended software is listed below.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus. Follow these steps
Uninstall from Windows
Detect and eliminate programs that you cannot remember installing. It is recommended to remove programs developed by Imali Media.
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Delete from macOS
Remove items from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Find FunkySocialTab extension in Firefox browser and delete it.
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select unwanted plugin and click Remove.
Reset the homepage:
- Click three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Under Home options, enter your preferred site that will open every time you newly open the Mozilla Firefox.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Settings.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If clearing the browser as explained above did not help, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox.
Remove from Google Chrome
Once you open Chrome extensions, look for FunkySocialTab add-on. Remove it.
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to the unwanted program by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the unwanted components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Funkysocialtabsearch.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting stealing programs
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.