Funkysocialtabsearch.com – what do you need to know about this site?
Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus is a program that can easily be mistaken with a useful computer program. It is promoted as a FunkySocialTab, an extension to Chrome and Firefox browsers. According to information provided on its official website, it is a tool that allows to “search everybody and learn what’s up with your friends in one click.” Just like the majority of potentially unwanted programs, this one promises to provide useful features while in reality; it is nothing more than a simple browser hijacker used to monetize user’s clicks on sponsored links. Now, the question is, how does this program do that? Let us explain that to you.
Questions about Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus
Another problem that users who install this potentially unwanted program face is Funkysocialtabsearch.com redirect issue. You might encounter these redirects while browsing through search results or by simply visiting other websites. In addition to that, annoying pop-up ads can start showing up, so please, do not ignore this program. It might be more dangerous than it seems to be. To remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com, run a system test with a malware removal software, and in our opinion, the best choice is ReimageIntego. It can not only remove threats, but also optimize your computer system afterward.
How does this program spread?
Funkysocialtabsearch.com hijack can happen to anyone who has a computer and tends to install computer software in a rush. Please, be attentive when you download new programs – it is extremely important to choose the right method to set up a program. Instead of choosing Default, Standard, Express, or Basic installation methods, opt for Custom or Advanced one. These settings allow you to configure additional components added to your download. These components typically appear to be ad-supported applications, which either display intrusive pop-up and banner advertisements or modify browser settings and provide forged search results. If you would not like to install and use such programs, deselect all additional programs via these installation settings and finish the installation.
How to remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com?
It is not hard to remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus, especially if you had problems with potentially unwanted programs before. Basically, you just need to find the executive file of the application and components that it has added to your Internet browser. Sometimes, such programs do not even have an executive file. You can find a detailed Funkysocialtabsearch.com removal guide below; we also recommend removing the program that this browser hijacker came with (of course, if you can remember which one it was). In case you wish to eliminate it without any hassle, use a malware removal software. Recommended software is listed below.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus, follow these steps:
Eliminate Funkysocialtabsearch.com from Windows systems
Detect and eliminate programs that you cannot remember installing. It is recommended to remove programs developed by Imali Media.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Funkysocialtabsearch.com and related programs
Here, look for Funkysocialtabsearch.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com from Mac OS X system
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Funkysocialtabsearch.com virus-related entries.
Delete Funkysocialtabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Find FunkySocialTab extension in Firefox browser and delete it.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Funkysocialtabsearch.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Funkysocialtabsearch.com removal.
Erase Funkysocialtabsearch.com from Google Chrome
Once you open Chrome extensions, look for FunkySocialTab add-on. Remove it.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Funkysocialtabsearch.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Funkysocialtabsearch.com removal.
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.