Is it safe to search via FunnySiting.com site?
If this search engine pops up every time you launch your browser, it means that FunnySiting.com virus has infiltrated your computer system. This non-malicious piece of software is well-known among spyware researchers and according to them, it deserves to be removed. It appears that this Internet search engine barely has any advantageous features compared to other well-known ones; besides, it might cause redirects to questionable Internet places that you would not normally visit by your choice. Clearly, a browser hijacker is the one to blame for FunnySiting.com redirect issue, so in this article, we are going to talk about its modus operandi, FunnySiting.com removal methods and ways of distribution.
This browser hijacker is for sure one of the numerous potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that enter user’s system silently. Typically, users install it along with other programs after downloading them from file sharing sites or P2P file sharing networks. Once it gets the permission to enter the computer system, it configures some browser settings and installs tracking cookies to monitor user’s activity. This way, it prepares itself to gather information about user’s needs and interests and also changes browser settings so that the indicated search engine would show up on browser’s startup. This app gathers search terms, clicks, and other information required for marketing purposes, BUT, it can also collect personally identifiable data, including your name, gender, date of birth, and country. According to the developer of this app, “Funnysiting may request or collect personal information from online users in a variety of ways, including through online forms for ordering products and services, and other instances where users are invited to volunteer such information.”
Questions about FunnySiting.com virus
Be aware that if you browse the Internet while this browser hijacker is active on the computer, you might be introduced to various pop-up advertisements, banners, and other forms of advertising. Some of these ads might ask you to participate in surveys, lotteries, and other contests, but please be cautious and do not provide any personal information! For example, if you provided your email address, you would soon be spammed with hundreds of annoying promotional letters. If you do not want to see these ads or keep the indicated site on your homepage, just remove FunnySiting.com using Reimage or a similar spyware removal software.
Who has allowed this program to enter my computer system?
If you cannot remember installing this browser hijacker, do not rush to blame other people who use your computer. Instead, think what programs have your recently installed. If you can remember some, think what settings did you set for their installation. In case you didn’t adjust them and left pre-selected ones on, there is no hesitation how did FunnySiting.com hijack your computer. Such programs spread together with other programs and effectively manage to slither into users’ computers only because they tend to rely on Default or Standard settings. Wrong! If you wish to adjust components of your download, please configure these settings by selecting Custom or Advanced option. Then you will be provided with a list of optional downloads. Deselect them – they typically appear to be meaningless ad-supported programs.
How can you remove FunnySiting.com browser hijacker?
Some computer users think that they can uninstall such computer parasites manually because automatic malware removal programs hardly can do the same thing better. That is not true. Automatic malware removal program can automatically fetch all files and Registry keys related to this hijacker, and do the same with all other questionable programs on your PC. It takes only one click to wipe these potentially dangerous components from the computer. If automatic FunnySiting.com removal option is not the one that you look for, then we suggest looking at instructions that we have prepared for users who want to remove FunnySiting.com virus manually:
You can remove virus damage automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner, Malwarebytes. We recommend these applications because they detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove FunnySiting.com virus, follow these steps:
Get rid of FunnySiting.com from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall FunnySiting.com and related programs
Here, look for FunnySiting.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove FunnySiting.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Uninstall FunnySiting.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for FunnySiting.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Delete FunnySiting.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
- Open Firefox and then open its menu (three bars at the top right corner). Go to “Preferences.”
- In “General” tab, remove FunnySiting.com link from “Homepage” box. Or just click “Restore to Default.”
- Open “Search” tab, and find FunnySiting.com in the list. Click on it and select “Remove.” Click “OK.”
- Open Firefox menu again and go to “Add-ons,” then to “Extensions” tab. Remove all suspicious extensions that you cannot remember installing.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select FunnySiting.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete FunnySiting.com removal.
Remove FunnySiting.com from Google Chrome
- Open Chrome Settings. Under “On Startup” section, find and click “Set pages” button. Delete FunnySiting.com URL from there.
- Under “Appearance” section, click “Change.” Also, delete FunnySiting.com URL from there.
- Go to “Extensions” tab and check for any suspicious browser extensions related to FunnySiting and delete them.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select FunnySiting.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete FunnySiting.com removal.
- Delete malicious plugins
- Remove dangerous extensions