MPC virus (Virus Removal Instructions) - Sep 2016 update
MPC virus Removal Guide
What is MPC virus?
Should you remove MPC (More Powerful Cleaner)?
MPC virus is a term that describes several potentially unwanted programs (PUP) that are all related to each other. Some of these programs can be installed on computer system together, and start implementing unpleasant activities in the system. MPC hijack can happen entirely without user’s knowledge, but surprisingly, in a legitimate way. Users who encounter this problem are advised to remove files related to this software without a hesitation since they are hardly beneficial. Cyber security experts suggest deleting such suspicious programs using a spyware/malware removal tool because such software can detect and remove all potentially dangerous programs (PUP) and critical applications at once. In our opinion, RestoroIntego software is the best for MPC removal.
Versions of this suspicious software:
MPC Cleaner. It is the main program, which causes the most problems for the computer user. Reportedly, it is distributed together with MPC AdCleaner and also changes user’s homepage address to search.mpc.am. On its official website, it is presented as “the world fastest and lightest PC Cleaner,” but we just want to add a line “that is not worth your trust.” It seems that this PC Optimizer displays forged scan results and provides many false-positive findings, attempting to convince the computer user that the computer needs to be fixed immediately. The aim of this software is just to talk the user into purchasing the full version of this nearly useless piece of software; therefore, we believe that this program deserves to be removed from the system without a doubt.
MPC AdCleaner. It is compatible with the majority of web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer. Although it promises to enhance user’s browsing experience by blocking intrusive web ads, it seems that this program hardly can accomplish this task. Installed together with MPC Cleaner, this suspicious system tool places its files on the computer system and starts tracking data about user’s browsing experience by adding tracking cookies to each web browser. The information it collects can be used for marketing purposes, shared with third-parties and used to serve targeted web advertisements. If you do not want to reveal information like your search queries, IP address, and the like, just remove MPC AdCleaner from your PC.
Search.mpc.am. It is a browser hijacker type computer infection. Although it cannot be described as malicious, its activity is definitely highly annoying. It appears that this hijacker redirects the user to Search.mpc.am on the startup of every web browser, and suggests using a shady search engine. When we tested this search engine, we have noticed that it displays a considerable amount of sponsored search outcomes, which prevent the user from reaching relevant information quickly. Each result page begins with several search results marked as “Ads,” leading users to various web pages. Sadly, some of these sites might be insecure, and that is why security experts advise users to avoid using this search engine or clicking on its search results. It would be the best if you removed this URL from browser’s homepage settings. We recommend you to consider using a different search engine instead of this one.
How did this program hijack your PC?
To be honest, we have to say that it is very easy to install potentially unwanted programs without realizing it. If you did not download any of these MPC programs by your choice, there is a great chance that they have entered your computer system alongside other free programs. For this reason, you should rethink what free applications you have recently installed on your PC. Typically, almost every free program provides suggestions to install one or a few optional applications, so you have to find these suggestions and deselect these bonus programs to prevent them from entering your computer system. To do this, you need to select Advanced or Custom settings in its installation setup. Please do not rely on Standard or Default settings because these typically just hide these proposals to install additional software. If you choose these “traditional” installation settings, optional programs will be installed automatically without displaying any notifications to you.
Ways to remove MPC:
There are two main methods how you can remove MPC virus from your computer. If you are an advanced PC user, you can attempt to hunt down all components of this questionable software manually. If you feel that you are not advanced enough, but you still want to delete it on your own, then please use MPC removal instructions provided below. The best choice would be to remove this suspicious application automatically because it relies on a huge variety of files and other system components that you should catch manually. If you still believe that you do this, start with these steps:
- Go to Task Manager (click Start -> Task Manager) and go to Processes Tab.
- Here, find all MPC Cleaner-related entries, including MPC Protect Service and MPC Tray. Right click each of these entries and select Open File Location.
- Once you opened the folder, select End Task and repeat with other files.
- Finally, eliminate those directories you were sent to.
You may remove virus damage with a help of RestoroIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of MPC virus. Follow these steps
Uninstall from Windows
Delete all programs that belong to MPC software: MPC Cleaner, MPC AdCleaner, Search.mpc.am, and others. You should also clean all your browsers by deleting suspicious extensions related to this software.
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select unwanted plugin and click Remove.
Reset the homepage:
- Click three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Under Home options, enter your preferred site that will open every time you newly open the Mozilla Firefox.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Settings.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
If clearing the browser as explained above did not help, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox.
Remove from Google Chrome
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to the unwanted program by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the unwanted components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings.
Delete from Safari
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of MPC registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: RestoroIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting system tools
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.