What can you expect from My WebEnhancer application?
An excessive amount of advertisements, commercial offers, and banners might suggest that My WebEnhancer virus infected your computer. It has been observed that the PUP mainly attacks Mac OS users. This potentially unwanted program works as an adware-type application. Its primary mission is to show advertising content: daily deals, commercial offers, and in-text ads. Regularly popping advertising messages and offers might make even the most patient user lose his temper. Thus, it is a good reason to remove My WebEnhancer app. Moreover, the adware might also convince you into downloading unlikely useful applications. They only take up space on a hard drive disk and might affect the performance of the device. My WebEnhancer removal should be your current priority. Install Reimage Reimage Cleaner to help you with the process.
Questions about My WebEnhancer ads
Regarding its qualities, this adware application is identical to LiveShoppers, another adware targeting Apple owners. The creators of both programs did not waste their energy by creating a different design for this particular app. If you visit the website of LiveShoppers, you will realize that both websites are the same only with differing program titles. Speaking of the current adware, it does not pose a great threat. It does not inflict significant damage on the computer except that recurring My WebEnhancer ads decrease browser’s and PC’s processing.
The adware promotes itself as a utility which delivers you discount codes and shows relevant advertisements. As a result, your shopping experience is boosted to a new level. However, these constantly appearing ads do not only distract you from quickly accessing wanted information, but they might direct you to the websites of questionable security. Thus, due to My WebEnhancer redirect tendency, you might find yourself in gaming or other advertising websites which might disguise bothersome malware. Try not to peek in them but exit such redirect web pages.
The transmission techniques of the adware
The PUP exploits other programs to sneak into computers. The adware clings to free media players, file converters or image editors and disguises itself as the add-on. When you are about to install the downloaded program, rarely you spot attachments. Unfortunately, they often contain futile applications. Leaving them pre-marked and then hitting “Install” button causes My WebEnhancer hijack or helps another adware to infiltrate your computer. We would like you to recommend some tips which would help you detect unwanted programs on time. Before initiating the installation process, choose “Advanced” mode. Later on, carefully unmark all optional add-ons.
My WebEnhancer elimination steps
There are mainly two options to fully terminate this app. It is not difficult to eliminate the adware manually. Bear in mind that this method will require more of your time. Precisely follow each step of the guidelines to remove My WebEnhancer virus. If this method is inconvenient or you simply do not want to waste time on such activity, install an anti-spyware application. It will complete My WebEnhancer removal within a moment. On the final note, you can decrease the risk of adware infiltrating your computer if you pay more attention to the installation wizards. Cautiousness is the first step to escaping similar PUPs.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner . SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove My WebEnhancer ads, follow these steps:
Eliminate My WebEnhancer from Mac OS X system
Lately, Mac OS users have been a popular target by adware creators
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for My WebEnhancer or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove My WebEnhancer from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for My WebEnhancer and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete My WebEnhancer removal.
Uninstall My WebEnhancer from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select My WebEnhancer and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete My WebEnhancer removal.
Erase My WebEnhancer from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select My WebEnhancer and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete My WebEnhancer removal.
Delete My WebEnhancer from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for My WebEnhancer or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete My WebEnhancer removal process.