Myprivatesearch.com virus Removal Guide
What is Myprivatesearch.com virus?
Myprivatesearch.com redirect virus – how to get rid of it?
Has Myprivatesearch.com virus affected your Chrome browser? If so, you might want to perform some changes in your browser to restore your previous homepage. Sadly, this is not going to be an easy thing to do. It appears that this potentially unwanted program (PUP) adds MyPrivateSearch extension to Chrome, inserts PHPSESSID cookie to track user’s search activity, and might carry out more adjustments on the affected PC. If you have become a victim of this browser hijacker, you probably know what kind of website it sets as Chrome homepage. Users who are planning to install this program should know that it sets a suspicious search engine to appear on Chrome’s start page. It is highly advisable to avoid using this search engine, because its search results can trigger redirects to unknown Internet sites. Some of these sites might be entirely legitimate, but others can provide harmful content, so it goes without saying that you should avoid visiting such sites.
The purpose of this search engine is to generate pay-per-click revenue. That is why this search engine provides “Ads related to [user’s search query] above regular search results. It wants the user to click on them and visit third-party websites that it promotes. Sadly, we have already stated that these sites can be insecure, so we advise you to be careful when browsing through them. For your own sake, we recommend thinking about Myprivatesearch.com removal. There are many more trustworthy search engines available on world wide web, including Google, Bing, or Yahoo. However, before you attempt to set any of these sites as your new homepage, remove Myprivatesearch.com first. We highly recommend using ReimageIntego for that. It is also possible to delete this program manually, but we do not recommend choosing this removal option unless you are an advanced PC user.
How does this program spread?
Are you surprised because Myprivatesearch.com hijack happened without your knowledge? If so, you probably do not know how such programs spread. They are mostly distributed with a help of software distribution method called bundling. This method allows to pack several programs together and spread them as one. Typically, it is impossible to identify which program is bundled and which one is not – for that, the user needs to check program’s installation settings. Only Advanced and Custom settings provide information about these additions, so make sure you pick one of these rather than Default or Standard option. Users make mistake when they give priority to installation settings marked as “recommended. ” Exactly these settings typically hide proposals to install additional software along the preferred one.
The best Myprivatesearch.com removal method
If you seek to remove Myprivatesearch.com virus from your system, you probably wonder what is the best way to do it. To be honest, there are only two ways to remove this browser hijacker from the system. You can employ an automatic spyware removal program like ReimageIntego and let it scan your system, find components of PUPs and malware, and eliminate them automatically. However, you can go the harder way and try to remove this potentially unwanted program manually. For that, you should carefully follow comprehensive Myprivatesearch.com removal instructions. We have prepared such instructions for you – these are provided below this article.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of Myprivatesearch.com virus. Follow these steps
Uninstall Myprivatesearch.com from Windows systems
Carefully uninstall MyPrivateSession application from your computer via Control Panel > All programs. Then follow instructions given below to eliminate remains of this browser hijacker.
To remove Myprivatesearch.com virus from Windows 10/8 machines, please follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find entries related to Myprivatesearch.com virus (or any other recently installed suspicious program).
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Eliminate Myprivatesearch.com from Mac OS X system
Check your applications and if you can find MyPrivateSearch app, or programs related to it, move it/them to Trash.
Remove Myprivatesearch.com virus from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Myprivatesearch.com virus-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Myprivatesearch.com virus, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Myprivatesearch.com virus and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Myprivatesearch.com virus-related entries.
Get rid of Myprivatesearch.com from Google Chrome
Look for MyPrivateSearch extension in Chrome and delete it.
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to Myprivatesearch.com virus by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site like Myprivatesearch.com virus in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the Myprivatesearch.com virus-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete Myprivatesearch.com virus removal.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Myprivatesearch.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting Myprivatesearch.com virus
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.