News-zafewi.cc ads Removal Guide
What is News-zafewi.cc ads?
News-zafewi.cc displays a picture of a media player to make users subscribe to push notifications
News-zafewi.cc uses social engineering to manipulate people into clicking "Allow"
News-zafewi.cc is a bogus website that tries to trick people into thinking that it has a video to play. However, it is just a social engineering tactic designed to get people to click on the “Allow” button. This adds users to the push notification subscriber list.
Users start getting spammed with annoying pop-up ads that can appear even when the browser is closed. The biggest problem is that crooks who created the site may use rogue advertising networks that place ads leading to dangerous websites. People may end up on scam pages that try to fool them into providing personal information, downloading PUPs (potentially unwanted programs), and malware.
|TYPE||Push notification spam; adware|
|SYMPTOMS||Pop-up ads start appearing in the corner of the screen sometimes even when the browsing is not in-use|
|DISTRIBUTION||Shady websites, deceptive ads, freeware installations|
|DANGERS||Pop-ups can contain links leading to dangerous websites where users could get tricked into providing their personal information or downloading PUPs and malware|
|ELIMINATION||Go to your browser settings to disable notifications; scanning your system with anti-malware tools is recommended|
|FURTHER STEPS||Use ReimageIntego to get rid of any remaining damage and clear your browsers completely|
Most often, sites like News-zafewi.cc are not found in the search results. Usually, they hide in other shady pages that are unregulated. For example, websites that engage in illegal activities are full of deceptive ads and sneaky redirects. They can redirect users to spam sites, fake security alerts, etc.
It is best to only visit websites that you know and trust. Do not click on random links and buttons. If you want to watch a movie or TV show, use legitimate streaming services, like Netflix or Hulu, rather than going to illegal streaming platforms.
Another possibility is that the page appeared without any user input. This can happen if there is adware hiding on the machine. It can cause an increased amount of commercial content, like pop-ups, banners, and redirects. If you have recently installed software from a freeware distribution platform this is something you should seriously consider.
News-zafewi.cc can be found through other shady websites
Stop crooks from stealing your data
That is why it is important to clear your browsers regularly. This can be automated with a maintenance tool like ReimageIntego. It can delete all cookies and cache and also fix system damage, errors, registry issues which is especially helpful after a virus infection.
Disable the intrusive pop-ups
Push notifications are based on a subscription model, so users can enable and disable them manually in the browser settings. If you need help with the process, follow the guide below:
Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to the Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click the Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to the Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
Scan the system for adware
Once you block the notifications, there is still a chance that there is adware hiding in your system. It is a type of PUP that can generate commercial content in the machine without your knowledge or consent. If you are still experiencing an increased amount of commercial content like surveys, banners, and redirects to suspicious pages, we strongly suggest deploying professional security tools like SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes to scan your machine.
They can detect suspicious processes running in your machine and eliminate all the files causing it. What is more, it can prevent such infections in the future by warning you about a dangerous download. Of course, you can remove programs manually, but it can be difficult to identify PUPs as they can be disguised as “handy” tools that you use every day. If you want to perform manual removal, you can follow the instructions posted below for Windows and Mac systems:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
How to prevent from getting adware
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.