Ourbestspot.com ads Removal Guide
What is Ourbestspot.com ads?
Ourbestspot.com is a bogus website used by crooks to generate revenue
Pop-up ads may lead to scam sites that try to take advantage
Ourbestspot.com is a fake website created by scammers to make money. They use social engineering tactics to trick people into subscribing to push notifications. Users are asked to press the “Allow” button to continue watching a video, but instead, they start getting spammed with annoying pop-up ads that can appear even when the browser is closed. There is no other content on the page besides the deceptive message.
Crooks often use rogue advertising networks that place ads leading to dangerous websites. As a result, people can end up on scam pages that try to obtain personal information or trick them into downloading PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) and malware. People have reported seeing ads promoting adult sites, fake antivirus offers, giveaways, and surveys.
Tips for staying safe online
To stay safe online, only visit websites that you are familiar with and trust. Do not click on links or ads from places that seem sketchy- even if they advertise seemingly legitimate products and services. Oftentimes, scammers will hide their shady pages full of scams on other sites like this one which is not well-regulated. They do this by posting misleading ads and building sneaky redirects.
|TYPE||Push notification spam; adware|
|SYMPTOMS||Pop-up ads show up on the desktop at random intervals|
|DISTRIBUTION||Shady websites, deceptive ads, sneaky redirects, freeware installations|
|DANGERS||Ads and links to sites displayed by the website might be dangerous. Users might suffer from financial losses, disclose their sensitive information to unknown parties or install malware/PUPs on their systems|
|ELIMINATION||Notifications can be disabled via the browser settings; in case you experience more ads and redirects to suspicious sites, you should also get rid of adware by using anti-malware tools|
|FURTHER STEPS||FortectIntego is a maintenance tool that should be used after the removal is complete to get rid of any remaining damage and optimize the system|
Ourbestspot.com pop-ups can appear on your screen without any warning or user input. This happens when there is adware, which is advertising-supported software, present on your machine. Adware often causes an increased amount of commercial content, like pop-ups, banners, and redirects.
Oftentimes, adware is spread through unofficial channels such as freeware distribution platforms. They include additional, unwanted programs in the installers that make money off of innocent user activity. That is why it is always best to only download apps from official web stores and developer websites. Always stay vigilant during the installation process and do not skip any steps.
Adware infections can cause pop-ups, banners, and other types of spam
Stop the intrusive pop-ups
Below you will find a manual guide on how to take care of your browser. Because push notifications are subscription-based, you will have to disable them yourself:
Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
The dangers of allowing cookies to track your activity
Maintaining your browser's privacy is also important. Cookies are often used by websites to track user activity, and they can store data like IP addresses, geolocation, visited sites, and online purchase history. This information can be sold to advertising networks or other third-party companies.
We recommend using a maintenance tool like FortectIntego. Not only can it clear cookies and cache automatically, but this powerful software can also fix various system errors, corrupted files, and registry issues. This is especially helpful after adware infections.
Scan your system to detect adware
If you notice an increased amount of commercial content like pop-ups, banners, surveys, and others, or you often get redirected to strange websites even after you completed the previous steps, you may have an adware infection.
Generally, it is never clear which application could be causing the problems, as PUPs are often disguised as “handy” tools. We suggest using SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes anti-malware tools that can automatically scan your machine and eliminate it completely. If you know what you are doing and want to do it yourself, here are the directions for Windows and macOS:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To entirely remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any suspicious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
How to prevent from getting adware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.