Things to consider before using play-bar.net
Play-bar.net or play-bar.net/search is introduced as an alternative to such search engine giants as Google or Yahoo. We do not recommend using this search provider instead of your start page or the default search engine because it has been classified as a browser hijacker. Although this website looks attractive and provides such information as local time, temperature, and a grid of online games, it also suggests installing Playbar extension from Google Play Store. No matter that it is presented as a funny app designed for gaming, you should stay away from it. Also, if you have already downloaded this app to your computer, you should remove Play-bar.net from it. This article discusses key characteristics of this PUP. In case, you are already aware of the capabilities of browser hijackers and do not want to waste time, choose automatic Play Bar removal.
Questions about play-bar.net
The key problem of this seemingly reliable search engine is that it collects your personal information, such as full name, home and email address, phone number, date of birth, etc. It does not only use it for answering your inquiries, but it openly admits sharing such data with third parties. Such hijackers as Play Bar, powered by Plus network, now have few legal restrictions to do so after the recent legislation issued by the Congress. Furthermore, it tracks your browsing habits and keeps a record of daily visited domains and browsing frequency. Due to such activity, do not get surprised if your Inbox gets loaded with personalized emails received from shady users or companies. Especially, avoid opening any emails which contain “invoice” attachments or attempt you deceive with fake lottery prizes.
This application can also change your homepage to play-bar.net and start displaying various advertisements for you. You may receive them within your search results in a form of pop-up ads, in-text links, and similar commercial content. Soon, you will notice that the majority of links provided by this browser hijacker causes play-bar.net redirect problem on each of your web browsers. Though privacy online is becoming more fragile, you can still choose the websites and apps with least data leak risks. According to PC security experts, tracking and redirect issue are the main reasons why should you avoid using this search engine. To protect yourself from visiting websites that are infectious, we recommend you to take care of Play-bar.net removal from your computer. The easiest way to do that is to install a reliable anti-spyware tool, for example, Reimage.
Why did it occupy my browser?
Play bar hijack might have occurred as a result of recklessly installing freeware. Usually, the developers of PUPs (including adware, browser hijackers, etc.) spread their products by bundling them to legitimate programs. Nonetheless, there is only one tip to avoid such optional installations – do not rush. Make sure you read every statement on the installation process window! Also, most important part is to choose safe installation settings. So instead of popular ”Default” and ”Standard” methods, opt for either ”Custom” or ”Advanced” mode. Either one or another choice gives you an opportunity to customize your installation, and you can reject the apps you do not wish to install. So, just untick the boxes that suggest unfamiliar content, and that’s it.
Pay-bar.net elimination steps
If you have decided that this playful search engine is an unnecessary tool for you, you should perform play-bar.net removal by using a reliable anti-spyware. Also, go back to a reputable search engine, such as Google or Bing, that returns safe search results for its users. You can also get rid of this browser hijacker manually by following a step-by-step guide below. However, keep in mind that it is not enough just to reset your homepage to get rid of it. You will need to uninstall virus and all of its components (including PlayBar extension). You can do it automatically with an anti-malware program listed below, or you can delete it manually. For that, we have provided instructions below this article.
You can remove virus damage automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes. We recommend these applications because they detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove play-bar.net, follow these steps:
Eliminate play-bar.net from Windows systems
Uninstall each of these apps: Play-bar.net, Play-bar for Chrome, Play-bar.net for Firefox, Play bar for Internet Explorer, Pesquisa.ninja, iLivid, ViceIce.com, Esurf.biz, Search.kuklorest.com, SearchPile.com, BrowserProtect, Search-Results Toolbar, Youtube Downloader HD, etc.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall play-bar.net and related programs
Here, look for play-bar.net or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove play-bar.net from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XGoogle ChromeInternet ExplorerFirefoxSafari
Uninstall play-bar.net from Mac OS X system
To make sure that browser hijacker’s removal will not last for more than one day, uninstall each of these apps: Play-bar.net, Playbar for Chrome, Play-bar.net for Firefox, Play bar for Internet Explorer, Pesquisa.ninja, iLivid, ViceIce.com, Esurf.biz, Search.kuklorest.com, SearchPile.com, BrowserProtect, Search-Results Toolbar, Youtube Downloader HD, etc.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for play-bar.net or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Erase play-bar.net from Google Chrome
The most affected search engine is Google Chrome. If you want to delete play-bar.net from Chrome, check the list of extensions and remove PlayBar from it. It looks like that:
To get rid of this unwanted extension, follow steps below:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select play-bar.net and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete play-bar.net removal.
Delete play-bar.net from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for play-bar.net and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete play-bar.net removal.
Remove play-bar.net from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select play-bar.net and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete play-bar.net removal.
Eliminate play-bar.net from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for play-bar.net or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by play-bar.net, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete play-bar.net removal process.