What is Polícia de Segurança Pública Portuguese?
Polícia de Segurança Pública Portuguese is a ransomware Virus which has many different versions in many countries. The main goal for it is to scare user into thinking that he is “caught” by police or other federal institution when he was doing illegal actions, like copying copyrighted material or doing illegal online activity by browsing porn content. This virus is quite capable of scaring – it locks down the computer entirely and leaves no other way of using it. Then it just pops up a portuguese message which says that that your computer is blocked due to illegal activities and it asks you to pay 100€ in order to unlock your system.
How did I get Polícia de Segurança Pública Portuguese virus?
This Portuguese Police Virus is actually dropped by a Trojan – that means your computer is possibly infected with more infections than this one. It actually looks like you are really being watched by police, but it’s not true – this virus is not connected to government in any way. You should simply ignore its misleading alert, which looks like that:
ATENÇÃO! O seu PC está bloqueado devido a, pelo menos, por uma das seguintes razões.
Você estava a ver ou distribuir conteúdo Pornográfico proibido (Pornografia Infantil/Zoofilia e etc). Violando assim o artigo 202 do Código Penal da República Portuguesa.
As multas só podem ser pagos durante 72 horas após a infração. Assim, depois de 72 horas, a possibilidade de pagar a multa sera expirada, e um processo criminal sera movido contra você automaticamente dentro das próximas 72 horas!
O valor de multa é €100.
Você pode pagar uma multa PaySafeCard ou Ukash.
Additionally, you should remove this portuguese police virus from the system. While it might be a hard task for you, read the following steps.
How to remove Polícia de Segurança Pública Portuguese Virus?
In order to remove it you have to unlock your computer. To unlock your computer from Polícia de Segurança Pública Portuguese Virus, follow these instructions:
- Take another computer and download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program with it.
- Update the program and put it into your USB drive or simply burn a CD disk.
- While the CD burns or USB drive get's the information, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with Command Prompt (by pressing F8 on boot) and then stick the prepared USB drive or put the CD disk in it.
- Reboot the infected computer once more and run a full system scan with the program you downloaded.
* Users infected with Polícia de Segurança Pública Portuguese Virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Polícia de Segurança Pública Portuguese Virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable the virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.
Polícia de Segurança Pública Portuguese Virus manual removal:
Delete registry values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon"Shell" = "[random].exe"
%Documents and Settings%[UserName]Application Data[random].exe
%Documents and Settings%[UserName]Local SettingsTemp[random].tmp
%Documents and Settings%[UserName]Desktop[random].lnk