PRS For music Metropolitan Police virus Removal Guide
What is PRS For music Metropolitan Police ransomware?
PRS for Music Metropolitan Police is a ransomware scam, which tries to trick users into sending money to cybercriminals. After getting on board, this virus “locks” the PC and states that user has been caught for downloading illegal copies of music, films and software. It also claims that the music files were encrypted and moved to a protected folder, and now user has to pay £50 to avoid getting to the jail. That’s not true! Remember, official institutions have never been locking their users down and asking to pay the fine in order to have their PCs unlocked. Under this trickery there are scammers who seek to get the money from unaware PC users. You must never give your money for scammers because they won’t unlock your PC and you will lose your money.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH PRS for Music Metropolitan Police virus?
PRS for Music Ransomware is distributed by fake video codecs, flash updates, spam letters and similar files that may look trustworthy. As soon as this virus gets inside the PC, it immediately blocks it down and replaces the desktop with its own warning. While this virus hasn’t been found to steal any personal or sensitive information or delete files from victim’s computer, it disables all applications what can easily make your PC useless. So, instead of getting online, using your programs and files, the only thing you can do is to look at this scary message.
HOW CAN I REMOVE PRS for Music Metropolitan Police virus?,
In order to unblock your computer and remove PRS for Music Ransomware, you should follow these steps first:
- Reboot your computer to a “Safe Mode with Command Prompt”. In order to do that, you need to tap continuously “F8” key on your keyboard while the computer is booting. This will bring the advanced options menu for Windows, where you can select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” with keyboard arrow keys. Press “Enter” next.
- Make sure you log in with a user that has administrative privileges (admin).
- When the Command Prompt appears, you have about 3 seconds to type “explorer” and hit enter. If you don’t succeed to do that within the 3 seconds, the PRS for Music ransomware will take over your ability to type into the command prompt.
- OF you succeeded to open Windows Explorer, open the following folder:
- Windows XP: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Windows Vista/7: C:\windows\system32\rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Follow the steps and restore your PC to an earlier time, when you didn’t have the PRS for Music installed.
UPDATE: You can follow these steps to remove PRS for Music Metropolitan Police virus from your computer:
* Flash drive method:
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with FBI ransomware once more and run a full system scan.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select ‘Deny’: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual PRS for Music virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to ‘Safe mode with command prompt’ to disable Police virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated FortectIntego to remove remaining files.
How to prevent from getting malware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.