Why is Quick4search.com not a recommended search engine?
If you tried looking through the users’ feedback on this program, you would find that it is more often addressed as the “Quick4search.com virus” rather than an informative search engine. Obviously, there must be a reason for such labeling. After investigating it, the cyber security experts note that the program itself is not malicious. However, it is deemed as a potentially unwanted program, because some of the activities this program carries out once installed on the computer are highly questionable. The fact that Quick4search.com hijack computers without the owner’s consent is already worrying. But there is even more than that. If you keep this program installed on your device, your browsing will probably be interrupted with numerous ads, redirects, and browser errors. If you wish to browse normally again, you should remove Quick4search.com from your computer at once. Besides, if you use the right gear, it will only take a few minutes of your time. We recommend using professional antivirus utilities, such as Reimage.
Questions about Quick4search.com virus
The Quick4search.com redirect problem is one of the main issues addressed by the unhappy users of this clingy search engine. Not only its search results are filled with ads and sponsored links, but they are also modified to display advertisements tailored to the infected computer’s user’s interests. This way, the browser hijacker can generate more clicks and receive more advertising revenue. The information about the user is collected through spying, installing cookies, pixels, and other tracking technologies. The virus mainly targets your non-personal data, such as browsing history, search queries or IP address. Because of the additional processes this virus carries out on the computer, the system may also become slower; the browser may start crashing and experience other errors. So why not take care of the Quick4search.com removal now and eliminate all the mentioned inconveniences? Skip to the end of this article and find the best tips for dealing with this virus.
How does this virus spread?
The users who get infected with browser hijackers often ask us how could these viruses take over their browsers. They often claim not having installed any suspicious programs, so, presumably, there is no way a potentially unwanted program could have entered their computers. In reality, the Quick4search.com can easily install on your device indirectly, i.e. without straightforwardly asking for your permission. It may use setups of other freeware or shareware applications to install itself into the system. You should carefully choose from what sources you should download your software and what exactly are you installing on your device. Avoid obscure download websites and always inspect all potential components that may be included in the software package.
Can I remove Quick4search.com from my device?
Not only you can, but you should remove Quick4search.com from your computer as soon as possible. You can do that using the already mentioned automatic elimination approach, which employs professional antivirus utilities to scan the system for malicious apps and junk files and delete them from your device. Or you can always use the alternative Quick4search.com removal approach and try locating and eliminating the infectious virus components from your device yourself. You will find the manual virus elimination guide provided just below this article. If you opt for this approach, you should remember that it is limited to Quick4search.com removal only, so if there are additional malware hiding on your system, this process does not ensure its elimination.
To remove Quick4search.com virus, follow these steps:
Get rid of Quick4search.com from Windows systems
- Uninstall Quick4search.com and related programs
Here, look for Quick4search.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Quick4search.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Erase Quick4search.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Quick4search.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Quick4search.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Quick4search.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Quick4search.com removal.
Uninstall Quick4search.com virus from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, Quick4search.com should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Delete Quick4search.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Quick4search.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Quick4search.com removal.
Eliminate Quick4search.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Quick4search.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Quick4search.com removal.
Get rid of Quick4search.com from Safari
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Quick4search.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Quick4search.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Quick4search.com removal process.