ReadingFanatic Toolbar Removal Guide
What is ReadingFanatic Toolbar?
ReadingFanatic Toolbar. What do you need to know about this program?
ReadingFanatic Toolbar might seem like a useful application to book lovers. It is a browser add-on, which is compatible with Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. However, it seems that users who have encountered this toolbar tend to hastily call it ReadingFanatic Toolbar virus. That is not true because this program is safe and legitimate. The only thing that annoys computer users is that they do not know what is the proper way to remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar from their browsers. If you are interested to find out how to delete it from your computer system, continue reading the information provided below.
When you add this toolbar to your browser, you permit it to read and change all data on the web pages you visit, read and change your browsing history, manage your apps, themes, extensions, and also downloads. Please note that this can affect the quality of your browsing experience, and not necessarily in a positive way. This extension will change your homepage, new tab and search engine settings and input Hp.MyWay.com instead of the previous value. It is going to be a modified version of this search, because it provides a menu bar filled with shortcuts to such sites: “Free eBooks,” “Free Paperbacks,” “Book Recommenders,” “Book Search,” “Book News,” “Assorted Book links” and “Book retailers.” The new home and new tab page provide a search tool, which seems to offer quite a lot of sponsored third-party links within the search results.
How is this program distributed?
You can get a free download link to add ReadingFanatic Toolbar extension to your browser from the official developer’s website, but you might also add it while installing another program. This ad-supported application can be bundled with other programs as a suggested download, which you can opt out easily. To decompose a software pack, you have to pick Advanced or Custom settings to install your download and then look for statements claiming that you agree to install new apps, change your browser settings, search engine, and so on. Just deselect such statements and continue to install your download.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of ReadingFanatic Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
ReadingFanatic Toolbar removal
If you are ready to remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar, read the instructions provided below and carry them out carefully:
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of ReadingFanatic Toolbar. Follow these steps
Uninstall ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Windows systems
Look for ReadingFanatic and other unknown programs.
To remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Windows 10/8 machines, please follow these steps:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find entries related to ReadingFanatic Toolbar (or any other recently installed suspicious program).
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Erase ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Mac OS X system
Try to find ReadingFanatic and similar unknown applications.
Remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for ReadingFanatic Toolbar-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to ReadingFanatic Toolbar and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the ReadingFanatic Toolbar-related entries.
Get rid of ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Delete ReadingFanatic, MyWebSearch, MyWay and all other unknown add-ons.
Remove dangerous extensions:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click on the Menu (three horizontal lines at the top-right of the window).
- Select Add-ons.
- In here, select plugins that are related to ReadingFanatic Toolbar and click Remove.
Reset the homepage:
- Click three horizontal lines at the top right corner to open the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Under Home options, enter your preferred site that will open every time you newly open the Mozilla Firefox.
Clear cookies and site data:
- Click Menu and pick Options.
- Go to Privacy & Security section.
- Scroll down to locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click on Clear Data…
- Select Cookies and Site Data, as well as Cached Web Content and press Clear.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
In case ReadingFanatic Toolbar did not get removed after following the instructions above, reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and click the Menu.
- Go to Help and then choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Under Give Firefox a tune up section, click on Refresh Firefox…
- Once the pop-up shows up, confirm the action by pressing on Refresh Firefox – this should complete ReadingFanatic Toolbar removal.
Remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Google Chrome
Find and get rid of ReadingFanatic, MyWay, or MyWebSearch extensions.
Delete malicious extensions from Google Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome, click on the Menu (three vertical dots at the top-right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the newly opened window, you will see all the installed extensions. Uninstall all the suspicious plugins that might be related to ReadingFanatic Toolbar by clicking Remove.
Clear cache and web data from Chrome:
- Click on Menu and pick Settings.
- Under Privacy and security, select Clear browsing data.
- Select Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, as well as Cached images and files.
- Click Clear data.
Change your homepage:
- Click menu and choose Settings.
- Look for a suspicious site like ReadingFanatic Toolbar in the On startup section.
- Click on Open a specific or set of pages and click on three dots to find the Remove option.
Reset Google Chrome:
If the previous methods did not help you, reset Google Chrome to eliminate all the ReadingFanatic Toolbar-components:
- Click on Menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings, scroll down and click Advanced.
- Scroll down and locate Reset and clean up section.
- Now click Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Confirm with Reset settings to complete ReadingFanatic Toolbar removal.
Uninstall ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Safari
Find and delete ReadingFanatic, MyWay, MyWebSearch, and other unknown Safari extensions.
Remove unwanted extensions from Safari:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- In the new window, pick Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension related to ReadingFanatic Toolbar and select Uninstall.
Clear cookies and other website data from Safari:
- Click Safari > Clear History…
- From the drop-down menu under Clear, pick all history.
- Confirm with Clear History.
Reset Safari if the above-mentioned steps did not help you:
- Click Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- From the menu bar, click Develop, and then select Empty Caches.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of ReadingFanatic Toolbar registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting ReadingFanatic Toolbar
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.