ReadingFanatic Toolbar. What do you need to know about this program?
ReadingFanatic Toolbar might seem like a useful application to book lovers. It is a browser add-on, which is compatible with Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. However, it seems that users who have encountered this toolbar tend to hastily call it ReadingFanatic Toolbar virus. That is not true because this program is safe and legitimate. The only thing that annoys computer users is that they do not know what is the proper way to remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar from their browsers. If you are interested to find out how to delete it from your computer system, continue reading the information provided below.
When you add this toolbar to your browser, you permit it to read and change all data on the web pages you visit, read and change your browsing history, manage your apps, themes, extensions, and also downloads. Please note that this can affect the quality of your browsing experience, and not necessarily in a positive way. This extension will change your homepage, new tab and search engine settings and input Hp.MyWay.com instead of the previous value. It is going to be a modified version of this search, because it provides a menu bar filled with shortcuts to such sites: “Free eBooks,” “Free Paperbacks,” “Book Recommenders,” “Book Search,” “Book News,” “Assorted Book links” and “Book retailers.” The new home and new tab page provide a search tool, which seems to offer quite a lot of sponsored third-party links within the search results.
Questions about ReadingFanatic Toolbar
How is this program distributed?
You can get a free download link to add ReadingFanatic Toolbar extension to your browser from the official developer’s website, but you might also add it while installing another program. This ad-supported application can be bundled with other programs as a suggested download, which you can opt out easily. To decompose a software pack, you have to pick Advanced or Custom settings to install your download and then look for statements claiming that you agree to install new apps, change your browser settings, search engine, and so on. Just deselect such statements and continue to install your download.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of ReadingFanatic Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
ReadingFanatic Toolbar removal
If you are ready to remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar, read the instructions provided below and carry them out carefully:
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar, follow these steps:
Uninstall ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Windows systems
Look for ReadingFanatic and other unknown programs.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall ReadingFanatic Toolbar and related programs
Here, look for ReadingFanatic Toolbar or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Erase ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Mac OS X system
Try to find ReadingFanatic and similar unknown applications.
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for ReadingFanatic Toolbar-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to ReadingFanatic Toolbar and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the ReadingFanatic Toolbar-related entries.
Eliminate ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Internet Explorer (IE)
You have to find and remove ReadingFanatic, MyWebSearch, MyWay and other unknown extensions to remove.
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for ReadingFanatic Toolbar and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete ReadingFanatic Toolbar removal.
Get rid of ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Delete ReadingFanatic, MyWebSearch, MyWay and all other unknown add-ons.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select ReadingFanatic Toolbar and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete ReadingFanatic Toolbar removal.
Remove ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Google Chrome
Find and get rid of ReadingFanatic, MyWay, or MyWebSearch extensions.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select ReadingFanatic Toolbar and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete ReadingFanatic Toolbar removal.
Uninstall ReadingFanatic Toolbar from Safari
Find and delete ReadingFanatic, MyWay, MyWebSearch, and other unknown Safari extensions.
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for ReadingFanatic Toolbar or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by ReadingFanatic Toolbar, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete ReadingFanatic Toolbar removal process.
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.