Romancedating.top ads Removal Guide
What is Romancedating.top ads?
Romancedating.top is disguised as an adult website that needs to perform an age check
Romancedating.top is not an actual dating site and has only a message in it
Romancedating.top is a fake website using deceptive tactics to fool users into allowing push notifications. When people open the site they are met with a message asking them to confirm their age. From the domain, it appears as a dating site for adults, but in reality, it does not have any more content besides the black page with white text saying to click the “Allow” button.
The main purpose of this page is to get users to subscribe to push notifications to make money from PPC advertising, The catch is – the creators of this page do not care about your privacy or safety, so they do not filter ads that come through them. As a result, the links that are embedded in the windows can lead to dangerous websites created by scammers and make users suffer from monetary losses or infect their devices with viruses.
Push notification spam has become an increasing problem in the past few years, and there are thousands of websites just like this one. Some of the other examples we already wrote about include Hookupfornights.com, Allhugeblog.com, and Matrixstar.net. The intensity of the ads depends on what settings the owner of the site has placed.
|TYPE||Push notification spam; adware|
|SYMPTOMS||Pop-up ads start appearing in the corner of the screen, sometimes even when the browser is closed|
|DISTRIBUTION||Shady websites, deceptive ads, freeware installations from unofficial sources|
|DANGERS||Links embedded in the pop-up windows can lead to dangerous websites where users could be tricked into providing their personal information or downloading PUPs and malware|
|ELIMINATION||To stop ads from appearing you have to go to your browser setting and block them, or deploy anti-malware tools to detect adware activity|
|FURTHER STEPS||After the elimination is complete, it is a good idea to take care of your browsers with FortectIntego, which can fix any remaining damage and optimize the machine|
Because people think that they are confirming their age, the ads seem to appear suddenly and out of nowhere. Most times people think that they got infected with a virus, but that is rarely the case as push notifications are based on a subscription model, so only users themselves can request to receive them.
The only possibility is an adware infection which is a potentially unwanted program that generates advertisements in the background. Users that have such programs hiding in their system experience sudden redirects to questionable pages, banners, surveys, and other commercial content in the browser or even when it is not in use.
How do users come to Romancedating.top in the first place?
People rarely come to pages like this on their own or find it in the search results. The site is promoted on other shady pages that are full of deceptive ads and sneaky redirects. Once people are on these kinds of sites, it's easy to get tricked, because often people think that they will be able to access some kind of content in the new tab that opens.
In fact, the new tab that opens is just an ad, that has nothing to do with the previous page. People need to learn to read everything they click on because the Internet is far from a safe place. Many individuals search for opportunities to exploit web surfers that are oblivious about basic safety rules while browsing.
The age confirmation is not the only scheme used to get people to press the “Allow” button, that grants permission for the website to start sending push notifications. Some of the other messages can ask to confirm if users are human and not robots or ask them to press the button to be able to keep watching a video. There is never real content on these kinds of pages. They use fake images, GIFs, to make moving images look like movies that cannot load and so on.
Getting redirected to Romancedating.top or similar sites can be a sign of adware
Stop the annoying pop-ups
As we mentioned before, links embedded in the notification windows can lead to dangerous websites that can result in people providing their personal information and identity theft or infecting their device with malicious programs that could cause more serious problems.
Receiving pop-up ads from this website does not provide any benefits, so you should remove them as soon as possible. Lucky for you, because they are based on a subscription model, all you have to do is go to your browser settings and block push notifications from Romancedating.top. We show how to do that step-by-step in instructions posted below:
Remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on the Gear icon at the top-right on the window.
- Select Internet options and go to Privacy tab.
- In the Pop-up Blocker section, click on Settings.
- Locate web address in question under Allowed sites and pick Remove.
Clear cookies and cache and check your machine for PUPs
Because you were receiving ads from all kinds of sources without your consent, it means you might have visited some pretty shady sites, that could still be keeping track of what you are doing. Cookies are stored on a client's device so users can remove them easily. If you use many browsers and want to avoid a long procedure, we suggest using FortectIntego, an optimization tool that can clear cookies and cache quickly and effectively. Besides that, this software can fix various system errors, corrupted files, so it can come in handy in the future.
You might also want to check if there is no adware in your machine, which we talked about before. These apps come disguised as handy tools that users download themselves, or from freeware installations. Sites that distribute free software still ned to make money, so they thought of other ways to monetize their activities. What they did was start including bundled software in the installer, without disclosing that information.
As many users find that boring, they rush through the process and do not notice them. So what you have to do in the future to avoid that is:
- Choose the “Custom” or “Advanced” installation method
- Check the file list and untick the boxes next to applications that seem unnecessary and unrelated
- Get professional security software like SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes that can detect unusual activity and warn you about it
You may remove virus damage with a help of FortectIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Getting rid of Romancedating.top ads. Follow these steps
Uninstall from Windows
Instructions for Windows 10/8 machines:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
If you are Windows 7/XP user, proceed with the following instructions:
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
Delete from macOS
Remove items from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Romancedating.top registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: FortectIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes.
How to prevent from getting adware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.