Everything you need to know about Search.emailfaster.co
We all use computers on a daily basis and Search.emailfaster.co virus is a program that can ruin that experience quickly. This potentially unwanted program (PUP) is advertised as a free and convenient tool, which helps to access email accounts faster by clicking on shortcuts on the browser’s homepage. However, the user has to agree to some terms before installing this shady piece of software – he has to agree to change home and new tab page, as well as the search engine to Search.emailfaster.co. At first, it seems that it is just a regular search engine, but it functions quite suspiciously. Beware of so-called Search.emailfaster.co redirect issue; users complain that this search engine serves results that can randomly open suspicious third-party websites. If you do not want to visit them, stay away from results marked as “ads.” However, redirects might also occur after clicking on regular search results, so be careful.
Questions about Search.emailfaster.co virus
We want to inform you that third-party websites that you can access via this search engine have their own terms and policies, and it might be unsafe to visit them. Try to stay away from sites that try to push you into downloading some suspicious programs, updates, or any files in general. Also, we do not recommend clicking on ads that falsely inform you that your computer is at risk and that you need to install some software to fix it. Most likely, such ads advertise rogue security programs. However, that is not the end of risks that you might encounter while using this suspicious search engine. Another thing in consideration is data collection. It appears that this browser hijacker installs tracking cookies and spies on user’s activity online. Although it is not capable of collecting personally-identifiable data, it can gather your search queries, the list of visited websites, clicks on links and ads, and similar data and analyze it for marketing purposes. Later on, it might share such information with third-parties to serve you targeted ads. If you do not want it to integrate sponsored links here and there, remove Search.emailfaster.co hijacker without a doubt. Search.emailfaster.co removal should be completed using a system scanner, for example, ReimageIntego.
How did this program hijack your computer?
Did this application, which has been developed by Safer Browser company, manage to enter your computer without your knowledge? If so, you are probably keen to know how did Search.emailfaster.co hijack your computer system. It is easy to explain that. PUPs typically spread along free applications, so when you download a new program from the Internet, it is essential to check certain settings during its installation. We recommend choosing Advanced or Custom settings. This way, you can see what additional programs have been added to your download, and deselect the ones that you do not want to install. It would be the best if you deselected all additional components, including apps, toolbars, and so on. Then you can finish the installation in the usual manner.
How to remove Search.emailfaster.co?
That is the main question that users ask a lot. To remove Search.emailfaster.co virus, you have to check your computer system and see if there are any suspicious programs installed; besides, you need to clean each of your web browsers separately. It appears that this browser hijacker is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and possibly other Internet browsers. To implement Search.emailfaster.co removal, look through instructions provided below and carry them out. Of course, you can just go the easier way and delete this hijacker using malware removal tools.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.emailfaster.co virus, follow these steps:
Eliminate Search.emailfaster.co from Windows systems
Look for any suspicious programs that you cannot remember installing and delete them from your computer.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.emailfaster.co and related programs
Here, look for Search.emailfaster.co or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.emailfaster.co from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Remove Search.emailfaster.co from Mac OS X system
Find and delete questionable apps from the system, especially if you cannot recall installing them.
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Search.emailfaster.co virus from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Search.emailfaster.co virus-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Search.emailfaster.co virus, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Search.emailfaster.co virus and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Search.emailfaster.co virus-related entries.
Uninstall Search.emailfaster.co from Internet Explorer (IE)
Launch your browser, and, using these instructions that we have provided, find and delete Email Faster browser extension.
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.emailfaster.co virus and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.emailfaster.co virus removal.
Get rid of Search.emailfaster.co from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Go to browser add-ons, and once you are there, locate and delete Email Faster add-on.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.emailfaster.co and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.emailfaster.co removal.
Delete Search.emailfaster.co from Google Chrome
Open Google Chrome, and, using instructions provided below, navigate to browser’s Settings > Extensions. Then delete Email Faster add-on from there.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.emailfaster.co and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.emailfaster.co removal.
Eliminate Search.emailfaster.co from Safari
Delete this extension – Email Faster.
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.emailfaster.co or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.emailfaster.co, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.emailfaster.co removal process.
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.