Search.searchfcs.com search engine – should you remove it from your browser?
Search.searchfcs.com virus is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), distributed online and also known as Search Career Online program. This suspicious application has been added to “browser hijackers” category since it can be installed on the system without user’s notice (this is also known as Search.searchfcs.com hijack). Although this program cannot do harmful activities or steal personal data from the user, it can still cause danger to the computer system. This application is designed to alter user’s browser settings and change home and new tab page URL. As you have guessed, it changes these settings and sets the indicated URL, which provides a search engine. Almost all computer users think that it is a regular search engine when they first see it in their browsers, sadly, later on, this opinion often changes. Computer users start complaining that this search engine delivers modified search results filled with sponsored content, which makes them visit suspicious Internet sites. In other words, be aware of the fact that some of these search results can redirect you to possibly insecure web pages.
Questions about Search.searchfcs.com virus
Search.searchfcs.com redirect issue is a serious problem. It is easy to click on a catchy-looking sponsored result if it displays an invitation to shop for your favorite brand. But have you ever wondered why these attractive offers appear, and how do this search engine manage to find such targeted advertisements for you? The answer is pretty simple. While you browse the Internet, this shady app gathers information about your activity online. It tracks your search queries, clicks, browsing history, and similar information. As a consequence, it gets access to analyze your browsing habits and deliver tailored content. If you do not want to be tracked and receive ads that can possibly lead you to hazardous Internet sites, remove Search.searchfcs.com from your computer using ReimageIntego or a similar spyware removal software. Alternatively, you can try to delete this browser hijacker manually – just follow Search.searchfcs.com removal instructions given at the end of this post.
How did this program hijack your computer system?
As we have already said, this program can hijack user’s computer silently. It happens when the user installs another free program without checking its installation settings first. The thing is, the vast of free programs come bundled with other third-party applications, and in order to reject them, the user needs to adjust installation settings. It is advisable to modify settings by selecting Advanced or Custom option and then deselecting every additional component that should not originally come with the desired program. The rest of the installation can be completed in the usual manner.
If you have never attempted to remove a potentially unwanted program, we strongly advise you to remove Search.searchfcs.com virus automatically. For that, choose and install a good spyware or malware removal tool. If you decide to install the anti-malware program, make that it can remove spyware threats, too. If you do not want to download an additional piece of software just to remove one program, and if you are absolutely positive that your computer is free of dangerous programs, and this hijacker is the only unwanted program on your PC, you can try to delete it manually. For that, we heartily suggest following Search.searchfcs.com removal instructions that we have prepared. Make sure you clean each of web browsers separately; otherwise this hijacker will not be removed completely.
You may remove virus damage with a help of ReimageIntego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.searchfcs.com virus, follow these steps:
Eliminate Search.searchfcs.com from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.searchfcs.com and related programs
Here, look for Search.searchfcs.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.searchfcs.com from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Get rid of Search.searchfcs.com from Mac OS X system
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove Search.searchfcs.com virus from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for Search.searchfcs.com virus-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove Search.searchfcs.com virus, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to Search.searchfcs.com virus and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the Search.searchfcs.com virus-related entries.
Remove Search.searchfcs.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Your aim is to delete Search Career Fast and other suspicious extensions.
Remove dangerous add-ons:
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top-right corner of the browser
- Pick Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.searchfcs.com virus and other suspicious plugins. Click on these entries and select Disable.
Change your homepage if it was altered:
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete the Home page address and replace it by your preferred one (for example, Google.com).
- Click Apply and then select OK.
Delete temporary files:
- Press on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Under Browsing history, click Delete…
- Select relevant fields and press Delete.
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Click on Gear icon > Internet options and select Advanced tab.
- Select Reset.
- In the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.searchfcs.com virus removal.
Uninstall Search.searchfcs.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Check Extensions list using instructions given below. Your objective is to remove Search Career Fast and other questionable extensions from your browser.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.searchfcs.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.searchfcs.com removal.
Delete Search.searchfcs.com from Google Chrome
Using instructions provided below, find and remove all suspicious browser extensions, including Search Career Fast.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.searchfcs.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.searchfcs.com removal.
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.