The description of Search.theweathercenter.co hijacker
Search.theweathercenter.co virus is a typical Internet browser hijacker that spreads through software bundles and integrates sponsored content within search results. It adds The Weather Center New Tab (by Safer Browser) to the browser and implements some adjustments in its settings then. First of all, it replaces homepage address with Search.theweathercenter.co and also sets this URL as a default new tab page, and also as the main search engine. At the first sight, the activity of this browser hijacker does not seem infectious or severe at all, but all dangers are hiding behind the search engine that is provided on that website. Although it pretends to be an advantageous search tool, experts say that it is better to stay away from it.
Questions about Search.theweathercenter.co virus
Some of its search results can be modified and contain links leading to external third-party websites, which might be insecure. Please bear in mind that this browser hijacker is not malicious itself, but links that it injects into Query.theweathercenter.co search results can be dangerous. If you decide to visit them, please, stay away from suggestions to install files, programs, software updates, and other suspicious components to your computer system. Otherwise, you might end up cluttering the PC with useless ad-supported apps or severe computer parasites. To avoid visiting insecure web pages, we suggest using another search engine, ideally, a one that has a better reputation than the discussed one. Sadly, you will quickly find out that it is not that easy to remove Search.theweathercenter.co from your browser. It refuses to leave homepage and new tab page position that easily; to complete Search.theweathercenter.co removal, you will need to scan your computer system with malware removal tool, for instance, Reimage.
Methods of distribution
Search.theweathercenter.co hijack could happen recently. Try to remember when was the last time you installed a free computer program? Most likely, this browser hijacker came into your computer system alongside it. It is so because such potentially unwanted programs are distributed next to other free programs most of the time. They can arrive at the computer system along download managers, media players, and other free programs that can be downloaded from the Internet charge-free. When you download such free program to your PC, make sure you get rid of all additional components added to it. For that, open its installer and go to installation settings. Configure additional components via Advanced or Custom settings by deselecting unwanted ones, and proceed with the installation then. As you can see, it is way easier to avoid PUPs than you thought!
Search.theweathercenter.co redirect issue is one of the most annoying things in the world, and if you do not like to experience system slowdowns, crashes, redirects, receive pop-up ads, and encounter other issues, it is better to remove Search.theweathercenter.co virus. Please be very attentive and remove all of its components to keep your computer system clean. We also suggest scanning your computer system with anti-malware software afterward just to be sure that there are no other spyware or malware threats on the whole computer system. Such malware removal software also can be used for Search.theweathercenter.co removal, of course.
You can remove Search.theweathercenter.co automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove Search.theweathercenter.co virus, follow these steps:
Uninstall Search.theweathercenter.co from Windows systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Search.theweathercenter.co and related programs
Here, look for Search.theweathercenter.co or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Search.theweathercenter.co from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Eliminate Search.theweathercenter.co from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.theweathercenter.co or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Erase Search.theweathercenter.co from Internet Explorer (IE)
Find and remove The Weather Center New Tab and all other Safer Browser related add-ons.
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.theweathercenter.co and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.theweathercenter.co removal.
Get rid of Search.theweathercenter.co from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Delete The Weather Center New Tab add-on and check for other products of Safer Browser. If you find some, remove them as well.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.theweathercenter.co and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.theweathercenter.co removal.
Remove Search.theweathercenter.co from Google Chrome
Delete The Weather Center New Tab from Chrome via “Extensions” panel. Also, check if you can see any other suspicious extensions that might be related to Safer Browser.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.theweathercenter.co and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.theweathercenter.co removal.
Uninstall Search.theweathercenter.co from Safari
Open Safari extensions, locate The Weather Center New Tab extension and delete it. Also, remove everything related to Safer Browser.
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.theweathercenter.co or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.theweathercenter.co, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.theweathercenter.co removal process.