What is StudyHQ Toolbar?
StudyHQ Toolbar is a free application promising to provide users with the “flashcards for math facts, vocab tests, languages, history, sciences” and other useful things. Of course, it seems to be specifically useful for those who are studying or somehow related to academics; however, you should not fall for downloading this toolbar because, in reality, it’s far from such usefulness. First of all, consider the fact that there is a developer that distributes thematic toolbars. All of them offer different services; however, each of them work in the same manner – infiltrates computers without requiring user’s authorization (via freewares), install a toolbar and affect web browsers. So, beware of StudyHQ Toolbar because it’s not an exception.
It has been found spreading in a bundle with various freewares and sharewares, including such popular software as download managers, media players, PDF creators, and so on. As soon as it manages to enter the system, it may corrupt various settings withing Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer web browsers. One of the main tasks that StudyHQ Toolbar is set to perform is to promote Ask Search. Thus, once you install the toolbar, you may find search.tb.as.com as your default search provider and home.tb.ask.com as a default start page. Although Ask is not considered as malicious, due to close collaboration with third parties it cannot be trusted as well. In case your browser has already been infiltrated, we recommend you to take corresponding actions and reset the changes (for that you will have to remove StudyHQ Toolbar fully). Otherwise, you may receive modified search results that may be filled with third-party links, advertisements and other content that once clicked causes redirects to predetermined websites. Such marketing technique is widely used these days for increasing traffic to affiliate websites; however, there is no chance of knowing that StudyHQ Toolbar redirects will make you visit reliable websites only.
How can StudyHQ Toolbar affect my computer?
If you want to prevent StudyHQ Toolbar, you should always check freewares and what kind of attachments they are carrying because this dubious toolbar can be downloaded not only via the official website but also via other free downloads. Thus, always select Advanced or Custom installation mode and untick everything that seems suspicious for you.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of StudyHQ Toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove StudyHQ Toolbar?
StudyHQ Toolbar installs cookies, tracks users, displays altered search results, causes slowdowns and other inconveniences. Therefore, we highly recommend removing it with the help of this guide:
- Uninstall programs that are related to StudyHQ from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for StudyHQ Toolbar and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (StudyHQ, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.