The dangerous features of Thraflabe-rs.ru virus
If you are reading this article, most likely you want to find out how to remove Thraflabe-rs.ru virus. One of the most annoying things is to be unexpectedly redirected to a random and suspicious website while browsing the Internet. But that is what browser hijackers do. They reroute users to questionable Internet sites without any notice. This spyware variant can lead users to many different and shady websites which they clearly do not want to open. Redirects to the aforementioned web page are triggered by an application called HPRewriter – it is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that hijacks Internet browsers, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Also, it might gather information about user’s browsing preferences.
When HPRewriter app gets into computer’s system, it changes browser’s settings without asking user’s permission and prepares needed conditions to be ready to redirect the computer user to indicated site during his/hers browsing sessions. On this site, you might notice many shortcuts to external sites that contain inappropriate, malicious or harmful content. Please, do not click and open these links. It might be dangerous and damaging! By visiting one of these sites, your computer can get infected. If you noticed these redirects occurring as you browse the Internet, install a decent malware removal tool, for example, Reimage, and remove Thraflabe-rs.ru automatically.
HPRewriter application can cause another vague issue. Thraflabe-rs.ru and other suspicious websites might gather data about its users and visitors. Developers of spyware-type programs typically collect non-private information, such as user’s location, IP addresses, viewed pages or visited sites. This collected information might be revealed to third parties. Be aware that they might be potential cyber criminals! In addition to that, you should know that browser hijackers always represent themselves as trustworthy, legal and useful tools. The truth is that such programs are always useful for developers only. Just like many other browser hijackers, the one that we are discussing now is created for generating profits for developers. As mentioned before, this PUP collects non-identifiable information about its users. Gathered data might be disclosed to third parties and used to deliver tailored sponsored content to the user. Developers of this browser hijacker also generate revenue from redirects to sponsored websites and online advertising. Bear in mind that developers care only about their profits. For this reason, they do not care if sponsored website or advertisement is dangerous and might infect user’s computer. This is the main reason why you should think about Thraflabe-rs.ru removal if this threat is still active on your system.
How did this program get into your computer?
This redirect virus infiltrates into a computer the same way as many other browser hijackers –Thraflabe-rs.ru hijack happens when user installs it along with free software. Developers know that users rarely pay proper attention to the installation process, and they use it for their own good. For this reason, every time you download and install programs from the Internet, you can put your computer at risk. In the installation process, there are hidden additional and unwanted programs that install together with the main program. However, users can decompose such software packages and avoid installing unwanted components. You have to watch installation process carefully and deselect what is hiding under “Advanced” or “Custom” settings. Usually, there you can find optional apps that you can easily uncheck if they seem suspicious and useless. Don’t skip this step and your computer will be safe!
How to remove Thraflabe-rs.ru hijacker?
Redirects caused by Thraflabe-rs.ru virus are for sure annoying and might expose your computer to potential dangers on the Internet. For this reason, you should delete it from your PC as soon as possible. Bellow you can find Thraflabe-rs.ru removal instructions. If you cannot get rid of this browser redirect virus manually, then you can easily remove Thraflabe-rs.ru automatically using one of the following programs:
You can remove Thraflabe-rs.ru automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Thraflabe-rs.ru virus Removal Guide:
Remove Thraflabe-rs.ru from Windows systems
Find and delete these programs: HPRewriter, and all others that might be related to Thraflabe-rs.ru virus. Look for programs that you cannot remember installing.
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall Thraflabe-rs.ru and related programs
Here, look for Thraflabe-rs.ru or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove Thraflabe-rs.ru from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Thraflabe-rs.ru from Mac OS X system
Delete suspicious apps, such as HPRewriter, and remove them.
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Thraflabe-rs.ru or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Thraflabe-rs.ru from Internet Explorer (IE)
Find suspicious add-ons and delete them. Do not forget to deleteHPRewriter extension.
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Thraflabe-rs.ru and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Thraflabe-rs.ru removal.
Remove Thraflabe-rs.ru from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Delete suspicious browser add-ons, including HPRewriter.
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Thraflabe-rs.ru and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Thraflabe-rs.ru removal.
Remove Thraflabe-rs.ru from Google Chrome
Remove HPRewriter and other questionable browser extensions that you did not install.
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Thraflabe-rs.ru and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Thraflabe-rs.ru removal.
Remove Thraflabe-rs.ru from Safari
Follow instructions provided below to clean your browser from HPRewriter and other suspicious browser extensions.
- Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Thraflabe-rs.ru or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Thraflabe-rs.ru, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Thraflabe-rs.ru removal process.