TopPageFinder is an advertising platform, which causes annoying pop-up advertisements and banners. Beware that no matter that these ads may look trustworthy, they may be filled with insecure links. By clicking on such link your browser may be redirected to infected website. If you see alerts that belong to TopPageFinder, it doesn't mean that websites are showing them for you. It means that your computer is infected with adware, which is typically spread using a popular distribution technique called 'bundling'. Other reason, why you see its ads during your browsing, is that you were visiting sites that are involved to its network. Please, be very careful with TopPageFinder and note that you can get rid of its advertisements by uninstalling this adware from your computer.
HOW CAN TOPPAGEFINDER SHOW UP ON MY COMPUTER?
PageFinder can show up on your computer out of nowhere. Just like any other adware, it can infiltrate the system in a bundle with freeware and shareware. This method is very popular among such programs because people still don't pay much attention to program's installation. For avoiding it, you should be very careful when installing free programs on your computer. According to experts, choosing a 'custom' or 'advanced' installation method and getting rid of the checkmark, which agrees to download TopPageFinder, can help you to prevent its infiltration. Otherwise, be prepared for annoying pop-up ads and browser's redirects.
HOW TO REMOVE TOPPAGEFINDER?
This unfair advertising platform is not a virus or malware. However, it should be eliminated if you want to get rid of its ads. For that, you should follow these steps:
1. Click Start > Control Panel -> Programs.
2. Here, choose Uninstall a program and look for a name TopPageFinder or toppagefinder.com.
3. Click 'Uninstall/Change'.
Besides, you have to remove TopPageFinder's add-on from each of the web browsers. For that, use these instructions:
- Launch Internet Explorer and tap Alt+T.
- Once you see Tools menu, go to Manage Add-ons ->Toolbars and Extensions.
- Now select the add-on you want to remove (TopPageFinder in this case) and select Disable.
- Launch Mozilla and tap Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time. You should see Add-ons Manager there.
- Go to Extensions, look for theTopPageFinde and related items, and remove them.
- Launch Google Chrome and tap Alt+F
- Once you start seeing the menu, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Choose the add-on you want to delete and click on the trash icon.