Is UnitConverter a trustworthy program?
- We may share or sell information with third parties for marketing or other purposes.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature.
We want to warn you in advance that usage of this shady converter can pose a threat to your computer system. For example, it might provide you with a questionable third-party offer that might draw your attention and lure you to click on it; sadly, you can be taken to a website that you never wanted to visit. Remember – sites you access via these ads might have different Privacy Policies and can be dangerous, so to avoid potential risks, and to block annoying pop-up ads, we suggest you remove UnitConverter from your PC. You can do that with anti-spyware program like Reimage or manually. Do not worry – we have prepared manual UnitConverter removal instructions for you. You can find them below the article.
How do browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs spread?
If you have already experienced what UnitConverter hijack is, you probably want to know how to avoid such problems in the future. All you need to know is that almost every free program advertises some third-party applications and suggests installing them alongside it. In order to not install these extra programs, you have to set proper software installation settings and adjust them. Therefore, we suggest looking for Custom/Advanced settings in software installation setups. These settings will provide you an opportunity to deselect optional components added to your download. In general, you should always carefully read all information as well as statements written in fine print to understand what kind of program or a software pack you’re installing.
How can I uninstall UnitConverter?
In fact, this potentially unwanted adware-type program can be uninstalled manually. To remove UnitConverter virus, you should remove unknown and suspicious-looking programs from the computer system and also delete shady extensions from browsers that this adware employs for displaying sponsored content. You can find a full and comprehensive UnitConverter removal guide below. If you do not understand these instructions, or if you do not have so much time to delete this virtual parasite manually, choose automatic removal option and let anti-spyware or anti-malware program remove it for you.
To remove UnitConverter ads, follow these steps:
Get rid of UnitConverter from Windows systems
To stop annoying ads and clean your computer system from UnitConverter remains, find this program in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS panel and uninstall it. It is highly recommended to check the entire system with anti-spyware software afterward.
Uninstall UnitConverter and related programs
Here, look for UnitConverter or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Delete UnitConverter from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for UnitConverter or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Uninstall UnitConverter from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for UnitConverter and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete UnitConverter removal.
Remove UnitConverter ads from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, UnitConverter should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Erase UnitConverter from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select UnitConverter and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete UnitConverter removal.
Eliminate UnitConverter from Google Chrome
Check if Google Chrome is not contaminated with UnitConverter components as explained below:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select UnitConverter and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete UnitConverter removal.
Get rid of UnitConverter from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for UnitConverter or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete UnitConverter removal process.