Unlock92 Zipper virus Removal Guide
What is Unlock92 Zipper ransomware?
Unlock92 Zipper ransomware — a sneaky file-encrypting virus which is related to Unlock 92
Unlock92 Zipper - a virus which installs into the system secretly.
Unlock92 Zipper ransomware is the new version of Unlock92. This virus has almost the same operating principle as its previous variant. The cyber threat uses an RSA cipher to encrypt important data. When files are corrupted, this ransomware-type virus displays a ransom note which is written in the Russian language and very likely to be targeted towards Russian operating systems. The Unlock92 Zipper ransomware locks up data by zipping it and adding to one folder. Files appear with the .random.zip appendix. Cybercriminals urge victims to pay a particular ransom that needs to be transferred in order to receive Unlock92 Zipper decryption tool for corrupted files.
|Appendix||Files are zipped and put in one folder, which is renamed: foldername.random.zip|
|Ransom note language||Russian|
|Distribution||Most commonly, ransomware-type viruses spread through spam emails|
|Avoidance||Download an antivirus to protect your computer, for data safety – store important files on external devices|
|Elimination||Use ReimageIntego to get rid of Unlock92 Zipper ransomware|
Unlock92 Zipper ransomware enters the computer through spam messages and manages to do changes in the Windows Registry. It harms your system and starts corrupting files. Cybercrooks usually require money to be transferred in a type of cryptocurrency, e.g. Bitcoin, or Monero. This needs to be done that the total transferring process would remain secret the developers of Unlock92 Zipper ransomware could generate illegal profits.
Here you can see the ransom note displayed by Unlock92 Zipper ransomware:
Если хотите вернуть ваши файлы отправьте один небольшой архив и файл KEY.VL на e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Если вы не получили ответа в течение суток то скачайте с сайта www.torproject.con браузер TOR
и с его помощью зайдите на сайт: http://n3r2kuzhw2h7x6j5.onion – там будет указан действующий почтовый ящик.
Пароль для архива состоит более чем из 50 символов. На самостоятельный подбор уйдё
However, do not rush to empty your pockets. Even if you do pay the ransom, there is no guarantee that you will receive Unlock92 Zipper decryption key as victims are very likely to be scammed. Better consider eliminating the cyber threat from your computer system. To remove Unlock92 Zipper virus from your PC, you should use a trustworthy anti-malware tool. We recommend installing ReimageIntego.
Some good news – Unlock92 Zipper virus is decryptable! You can find the official decryptor below this article. So, as you see, there is no need to contact the cybercrooks and pay the demanded price. However, not every ransomware-type virus has an official decryptor. Keep your data safe – store it on remote servers. Such method will allow you to protect important files and keep them away from hackers of Unlock92 Zipper ransomware.
Another reason to perform Unlock92 Zipper removal is that it might open a path for other malware forms. In some cases, ransomware cleans the way for other serious threats to enter the system easily. This might cause numerous damaging consequences. To avoid such unwanted possibilities, get rid of Unlock92 Zipper ransomware from your computer system as soon as you spot corrupted files.
Unlock92 Zipper ransomware is a file-encrypting virus which locks files by zipping them and putting in one folder. Avoid ransomware and keep your computer protected
According to malware researchers, ransomware-type infections manage to break in the system through various spam messages which fall in users' email boxes. Such message might come legitimate-looking but truly it contains a hazardous attachment or link. If you are not expecting anything important recently and start receiving spam emails – eliminate all of them in case to avoid various malware.
Ransomware payload might disguise as one of the following files:
Another piece of advice would be to install antivirus protection. Such programs are recommended by experts as they truly increase your computer security level. Always make sure that the tool is kept up-to-date and running properly. It will scan your PC system and detect all threats that might occur in your way.
Terminate Unlock92 Zipper virus
To remove Unlock92 Zipper virus you will need to download and install anti-malware help. We recommend using tools such as ReimageIntego or Malwarebytes. Notice that it is advisable to perform Unlock92 Zipper ransomware elimination as soon as you spot the threat on your computer in order to avoid further damaging consequences.
After your proceed with the Unlock92 Zipper removal, do some system backups to ensure that your PC is fully cleaned from the cyber threat. This is very important as, in other way, Unlock92 Zipper ransomware might renew itself again. Talking about files, you can try to decrypt them by using third-party software or the official Unlock92 Zipper decryptor.
Getting rid of Unlock92 Zipper virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
Use Safe Mode with Networking to deactivate the virus:
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove Unlock92 Zipper using System Restore
Try the System Restore function to disable the ransomware:
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of Unlock92 Zipper. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove Unlock92 Zipper from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
If your system was infected by the Unlock92 Zipper ransomware, you must have noticed that your files were corrupted. To restore important data, you should read the following data recovery methods.
If your files are encrypted by Unlock92 Zipper, you can use several methods to restore them:
Use Data Recovery Pro:
Try this method if you want to restore important files.
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by Unlock92 Zipper ransomware;
- Restore them.
Try Windows Previous Versions feature:
This tool might help you get important data back if you have activated the System Restore function before the cyber attack had started.
- Find an encrypted file you need to restore and right-click on it;
- Select “Properties” and go to “Previous versions” tab;
- Here, check each of available copies of the file in “Folder versions”. You should select the version you want to recover and click “Restore”.
Unlock92 Zipper ransomware decryptor
You can try using an official Unlock92 Zipper decryption tool. For that, you must contact Michael Gillespie here.
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from Unlock92 Zipper and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Choose a proper web browser and improve your safety with a VPN tool
Online spying has got momentum in recent years and people are getting more and more interested in how to protect their privacy online. One of the basic means to add a layer of security – choose the most private and secure web browser. Although web browsers can't grant full privacy protection and security, some of them are much better at sandboxing, HTTPS upgrading, active content blocking, tracking blocking, phishing protection, and similar privacy-oriented features. However, if you want true anonymity, we suggest you employ a powerful Private Internet Access VPN – it can encrypt all the traffic that comes and goes out of your computer, preventing tracking completely.
Lost your files? Use data recovery software
While some files located on any computer are replaceable or useless, others can be extremely valuable. Family photos, work documents, school projects – these are types of files that we don't want to lose. Unfortunately, there are many ways how unexpected data loss can occur: power cuts, Blue Screen of Death errors, hardware failures, crypto-malware attack, or even accidental deletion.
To ensure that all the files remain intact, you should prepare regular data backups. You can choose cloud-based or physical copies you could restore from later in case of a disaster. If your backups were lost as well or you never bothered to prepare any, Data Recovery Pro can be your only hope to retrieve your invaluable files.