What is Vista Antivirus 2014?
Vista Antivirus 2014 is one of those fake anti-viruses that can easily flood your computer with fake alerts and system scanners that all report about tens of different viruses. If you started noticing such notifications on your computer, be sure that they are displayed only for trying to steal your money. In this case, you should scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware and remove infected files. In most of the cases, Vista Antivirus 2014 displays such notifications:
Vista Antivirus 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet. This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen. Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
If Vista Antivirus 2014 infects the system, this malicious program initiates constant system's scanners without any permission asked. Of course, their results indicate that computer is infected and that a user should buy the licensed version. Beware that this fake anti-virus has no virus data base; therefore, it cannot detect neither trojans nor serious viruses or malware. If you decide to eliminate those invented viruses and click on Vista Antivirus 2014 alert, you should be prepared for a requirement to pay for it. Of course, you should never purchase its license in order to eliminate infections that you don't have. It should be noted that if you pay money for this fake license, you may not only loose it, but may also share your bank account information and other private data with its creators. That is why we strongly recommend you to ignore Vista Antivirus 2014 alerts and remove it as soon as possible. Do not be surprised after finding difficulties when trying to remove this parasite from your system. It is able to block every attempt to run a legitimate anti-spyware.
How can Vista Antivirus 2014 infect my computer?
If you are using Vista OS, you should be very careful because this rogue anti-spyware is designed for infecting only this operating system. There are two main methods that are for the distribution of this virus: fake pop-ups and spam. Just like Vista Protection 2014, Vista Antivirus 2014 is mainly spread via fake pop-ups that can be found on both, legitimate and illegal, websites. Typically, people are offered to scan their computers for free and check their state. However, instead of scanning, victim receives a gift – this rogue anti-spyware. In addition, various trojans may help Vista Antivirus 2014 get inside your computer unnoticed. In most of the cases, such viruses are hiding in untrustworthy emails and spam. If you got a message, which states that you should check some bill or other important document, you should double check it for type or grammar mistakes because it might be fake. If you happen to click on infected attachment, you can easily install such virus as Vista Antivirus 2014. Thus, we recommend you to look carefully for typo or grammar mistakes. If you notice any, it is advisable to do not open the file. If you think that your computer is infected with this fake anti-spyware, we strongly recommend you to follow a guide below and get rid of Vista Antivirus 2014 right away.
How to remove Vista Antivirus 2014 virus?
Do not ignore Vista Antivirus 2014 alerts because they can lead to serious problems, such as money or identity theft. Having in mind that this program is not a simple program but a serious virus, we highly recommend you to use AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and avoid manual removal. For that, you should download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide.
When trying to remove Vista Antivirus 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and SpyHunterCombo Cleaner because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Vista Antivirus 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or SpyHunterCombo Cleaner on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.