What is Win 7 Protection 2014?
Win 7 Protection 2014 is a rogue anti-spyware program that may show up on your computer without downloading it there. If you noticed its scanners and alerts saying that your computer is seriously infected and that you have to purchase its licensed version for eliminating them, it means that your PC is infected. If that is the case, the most important thing is to ignore Win 7 Protection 2014 alerts and system scanners that typically report about a long list of invented but seriously-looking viruses. Keep in mind that this program has no virus data base, so it is not capable of detecting trojans, adwares, other rogues and similar cyber threats. If you run it on two different computers, you would clearly see that it shows the same alerts and reports about the same viruses. In addition, Win 7 Protection 2014 is scareware that seeks to make people purchase its licensed version. That's why it says that you have to purchase its licensed version if you want to fix your computer. Of course, that's just a scheme used for stealing people's money. We highly recommend you to ignore Win 7 Protection 2014 alerts and remove this rogue anti-spyware from your computer. For that you can use any of programs that are given below.
How can Win 7 Protection 2014 infect my computer?
Just like Win 7 Antivirus 2014, Win 7 Protection 2014 virus is mostly spread using fake pop-up notifications offering people to check their computers for free. Note that such ads may show up either on illegal or on legitimate websites, so you should be very careful. In addition, you may get infected with this virus thru spam. If you received an email that tries to convince you to download its attachment, you should double check the sender. Also, look for typo or grammar mistakes because they can easily show you which mail is fake and used for spreading such viruses as Win 7 Protection 2014. Just as its name suggests, this programs seeks to infect Windows systems. If you are using Windows 7, then you should be very careful with this rogue. The clearest sign showing that your computer was affected is such and similar notifications:
Win 7 Protection 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
If you think that your PC was affected by this rogue anti-spyware, you should ignore its alerts and NEVER pay for Win 7 Protection 2014 license. We say so because by making a payment you may not only give your money to scammers. You may also reveal your credit card information and other personal data to them. Please, if you are suffering from fake alerts and system scanners, follow a guide below and remove Win 7 Protection 2014 virus without wasting your time.
How to remove Win 7 Protection 2014?
If you want to remove Win 7 Protection 2014 from your computer, you should remember that we don't recommend you to use manual removal guide because that you can easily remove wrong files from your computer. For that we recommended using AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION that requires downloading a reputable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Win 7 Protection 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Win 7 Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.