Wow.utop.it Removal Guide
What is Wow.utop.it?
Wow.utop.it is a doubtful search engine, which is closely related to Wow Search. If you are noticing continuous redirects to this search site, it means that your system may be hijacked by this adware. Wow.utop.it virus may infiltrate your PC system unnoticed and then initiate changes in your homepage as well as replace your search provider. By doing so, it may be used to return altered search results, make people look at misleading commercial ads and similar activities. Although it may look like a legitimate and reliable search engine, we don't recommend relying on Wow.utop.it because it seems that it was designed to drive traffic to sponsored websites and make money for its developers. Besides, the main its page may show you a pop-up notification stating that your computer may be in danger and you should click on it in order to fix the problem. Don't be fooled and don't click this message by any means!
How can Wow.utop.it appear on my computer?
User may be tricked into adding this program to the system after falling for its misleading presentation that claims that it will make his/hers browsing experience better. Furthermore, similar ad-supported programs also rely on questionable distribution method called “bundling”. In this scenario, you may get this unwanted program with the help of freewares, sharewares or other third-party programs. Internet is full of questionable programs that agree to trick people into downloading more than one app for earning some easy money. That's why, when installing such programs, you should avoid “quick”, “basic” or “recommended” installation option. We recommend choosing only “advanced” or “custom” installation method you will have a better understanding what sort of program you are installing and what comes attached to it. If you are experiencing Wow.utop.it redirects and other symptoms showing that your PC might be affected by this PUP, you should waste no time and remove it from the system
How to remove Wow.utop.it?
If Wow.utop.it hijacked your browsers, it means that its potentially unwanted plugin was added to your system without your permission. The logical step in this case would be to remove it. Don't underestimate such programs because they may cause quite serious problems for you and your computer. These steps, submitted below, will help you safely and quickly remove it:
- Remove recently installed freeware, which spreads Wow.utop.it:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for utop.it uninstaller, High Solution, Downloads, utop.it Browser new tab extension, Plugins, IePluginService, SupTab, Wsys Control and similar entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown entries, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
How to prevent from getting browser hijacker
Access your website securely from any location
When you work on the domain, site, blog, or different project that requires constant management, content creation, or coding, you may need to connect to the server and content management service more often. The best solution for creating a tighter network could be a dedicated/fixed IP address.
If you make your IP address static and set to your device, you can connect to the CMS from any location and do not create any additional issues for the server or network manager that needs to monitor connections and activities. VPN software providers like Private Internet Access can help you with such settings and offer the option to control the online reputation and manage projects easily from any part of the world.
Recover files after data-affecting malware attacks
While much of the data can be accidentally deleted due to various reasons, malware is one of the main culprits that can cause loss of pictures, documents, videos, and other important files. More serious malware infections lead to significant data loss when your documents, system files, and images get encrypted. In particular, ransomware is is a type of malware that focuses on such functions, so your files become useless without an ability to access them.
Even though there is little to no possibility to recover after file-locking threats, some applications have features for data recovery in the system. In some cases, Data Recovery Pro can also help to recover at least some portion of your data after data-locking virus infection or general cyber infection.