YaTab.net is a browser hijacking app which appears on Google Chrome after installing the YaTab Search extension
YaTab.net is a browser hijacker which was created by a company known as Chameleon Advertising Technologies Ltd. This application is suited for the Google Chrome web browser and can even be found in the Google Chrome Web Store. However, this does not make the browser hijacker safe to use. First of all, some users call similar apps viruses due to their secret distribution techniques and rogue activities that they carry. YaTab.net acts the same as other of its family, this browser hijacker modifies the browser by injecting the YaTab Search extension, setting the default search engine to http://yatab.net/search.php?q=, and also changing the new tab URL zone. Developers provide their beloved application with lots of useful features, however, it is still not worth to install and we are going to explain why.
|Created by||Chameleon Advertising Technologies Ltd|
|Can be found||You can spot the app on the Chrome Store, or it can be downloaded together with other programs, etc.|
|Detection||Use Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego|
YaTab.net can not only be found on the Google Chrome Web Store. This browser-hijacking program might use stealth techniques to install into the system. Once that happens, it targets Google Chrome, injects its specific YaTab Search extension, changes the default search zone, new tab URL, and even the main page of the web browser.
Once infected with YaTab.net, users are forced to use the new search engine and they cannot reverse any changes that were done to their Google Chrome web browser unless they permanently remove the application. Each time you open the browser icon and perform a search request, you will be provided with search query results from yahoo.com.
You can see that YaTab.net is not much of use as you can go to yahoo.com, a legitimate search engine, instead. All of its useful features such as quick access to popular websites and similar are used to attract more users. You should not keep this browser-hijacking application on your Mac or Windows computer as it might start redirecting you to unknown content.
We offer to remove YaTab.net virus from the entire computer system and Google Chrome, otherwise, the redirecting activity might take you to malicious websites. Additionally, frequent redirects and other unwanted activities (e.g. advertising) that might be caused by the PUP, can provoke your web browser to struggle or even crash while being in the stage of usage.
YaTab.net removal is a wise choice to make. You can use a tool such as Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego or any other similar program to detect the component. Make sure that you eliminate the program itself from your machine and clean the Chrome browser also. If you are looking for a manual guide, we have provided you one below this article, at the bottom of the page.
YaTab.net is a browser hijacker which modifies the default search engine, new tab URL zone, and the browser's homepage
Browser hijacking applications can appear secretly
According to computer specialists, browser hijackers are those kinds of applications which can be distributed widely throughout the web. However, every user needs to know how to prevent such unwanted infiltration and protect their systems. Even though browser-hijacking applications have several ways to enter the system, you can avoid them by:
- using only regular downloaders. Third-party ones might come improperly disclosed which means that they lack protection and might allow the infiltration of unknown objects.
- keeping a distance from third-party pages such as P2P networks. These sites often lack protection and might include rogue content injected somewhere, e.g. in a hyperlink.
- installing automatical computer protection software. Every single user is advised to have an anti-malware program on their machine. If you do not have one already, consider installing it.
- using the Custom/Advanced installation mode. You can find this choice in your web browser and activate it. This option allows you to track and control all of your incoming downloads. This also means that you will be able to decline any downloads at any time for any kind of object.
Remove YaTab.net and YaTab Search from your computer system and Chrome
If you want to remove YaTab.net from your Mac or Windows computer, you can find some instructions below. These guidelines will allow you to erase the cyber threat from your operating system. Additionally, we have provided some instructions on how to delete dubious browser extensions and plug-ins from the Chrome web browser.
YaTab.net removal is a wise option if you want to browse via your regular search engine, stop the redirecting activity, and reverse other changes. However, if you do not feel self-confident enough to get rid of the potentially unwanted program on your own, a better option would be to proceed with the elimination by using a reliable anti-malware program.
You may remove virus damage with a help of Reimage Reimage Cleaner Intego. SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner and Malwarebytes are recommended to detect potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
To remove YaTab.net, follow these steps:
Eliminate YaTab.net from Windows systems
If you have found the browser hijacker in your Windows operating system, makes sure that you get rid of it with no hesitation. If help is needed, take a look at these instructions:
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall YaTab.net and related programs
Here, look for YaTab.net or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Remove YaTab.net from Windows shortcuts
Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Get rid of YaTab.net from Mac OS X system
Spotting YaTab.net on your Mac means that the PUP needs quick elimination. We have provided a guide below which should allow you to succeed in the process:
If your macOS is displaying some infection symptoms, proceed with the following guide:
Remove YaTab.net from Applications folder:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for YaTab.net-related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove YaTab.net, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries related to YaTab.net and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the YaTab.net-related entries.
Remove YaTab.net from Google Chrome
To remove the YaTab Search extension from Chrome, use these instructions:
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select YaTab.net and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
Change your homepage and default search engine if it was altered by your virus
Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete YaTab.net removal.
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.