YouAreFucked virus Removal Guide
What is YouAreFucked ransomware virus?
What is known about YouAreFucked ransomware virus?
YouAreFucked ransomware is a brand new example of crypto-malware that has quite a vivid and forthright name. The ransomware has been spotted in January 2017; however, there’s still not much information what we can expect from this cyber threat. It’s already known that this ransomware encrypts the most popular types of files such as MS Office, OpenOffice, PDFs, databases, audio, video, image, photos, music files, etc. However, the YouAreFucked virus does not append any file extension or change filename. It’s uncommon behavior for the file-encrypting viruses because the majority of ransomware viruses distorts data with unique extension. However, when trying to open corrupted files, the virus opens the Wordpad document saying “YouAreFucked.” There’s no doubt that developers of the ransomware try to swindle the money from the attacked computer owners. Ransomware-type viruses are only created to taking victim’s files to hostage and demanding to pay the ransom. The size of the ransom asked by YouAreFucked malware is still unknown. Though, often cyber criminals ask to transfer around 1 Bitcoin to the provided Bitcoin wallet address. Hackers want to stay anonymous and avoid legal punishment for cyber crimes; hence, they use online currency and often ask to use Tor browser which assures that no one can find them.
After ransomware attack, the majority of computer users are scared of losing their files, and often they follow hackers’ orders and transfer the money. However, it’s not the right decision to pay the ransom for developers of YouAreFucked ransomware or any other file-encrypting virus. Cyber criminals may take the money and leave victims with encrypted files. The most important task is to remove YouAreFucked virus from the system. While ransomware resides on the computer, victims not only risk to get new files encrypted but also to encounter other malware attack or various privacy-related issues. Bear in mind that file-encrypting viruses are dangerous and complicated; hence their removal should be taken seriously. We highly recommend using ReimageIntego for YouAreFucked removal. For additional information scroll down till the end of this article.
YouAreFucked ransomware virus targets the most popular file types and takes them to hostage.
Is it possible to avoid ransomware?
The specific YouAreFucked ransomware distribution methods are still unknown. Probably, the virus uses traditional techniques such as malicious email attachments, exploit kits, malvertising, fake software downloads or updates. Hence, if you do not want to meet ransomware and experience its damage, you should avoid potentially dangerous online sources. Spam emails and their attachments stay the most popular ransomware distribution channel; hence, you should not rely on each received email. Before opening attachments always double check the information and be critical. Always think whether you should expect to receive this email or not. If not, do not let your curiosity cause you problems! Moreover, do not rely on each popped up advertisement. Some ads placed even on the legitimate website might be malicious. Be aware that the majority of malware-laden ads offers software updates and download. Bear in mind that it’s not the safe source to download programs or their updates!
How to remove YouAreFucked virus from the PC?
YouAreFucked removal should be performed just like any other ransomware virus. It requires installing reputable antivirus or malware removal tools, such as ReimageIntego or Malwarebytes. Sometimes malware prevents from installing security tools; hence, you may need to reboot the computer to the Safe Mode. If you don’t know how to do it, follow the instructions below. Once you install you chosen program, you have to update it and then run a full system scan. Your chosen program should find and remove YouAreFucked and all its related components from the computer.
Getting rid of YouAreFucked virus. Follow these steps
Manual removal using Safe Mode
Follow the instructions below to reboot your PC to the Safe Mode and install your chosen malware removal tool to initiate automatic YouAreFucked removal.
Manual removal guide might be too complicated for regular computer users. It requires advanced IT knowledge to be performed correctly (if vital system files are removed or damaged, it might result in full Windows compromise), and it also might take hours to complete. Therefore, we highly advise using the automatic method provided above instead.
Step 1. Access Safe Mode with Networking
Manual malware removal should be best performed in the Safe Mode environment.
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start > Shutdown > Restart > OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 button (if that does not work, try F2, F12, Del, etc. – it all depends on your motherboard model) multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from the list.
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Right-click on Start button and select Settings.
- Scroll down to pick Update & Security.
- On the left side of the window, pick Recovery.
- Now scroll down to find Advanced Startup section.
- Click Restart now.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Press Restart.
- Now press 5 or click 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Shut down suspicious processes
Windows Task Manager is a useful tool that shows all the processes running in the background. If malware is running a process, you need to shut it down:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Click on More details.
- Scroll down to Background processes section, and look for anything suspicious.
- Right-click and select Open file location.
- Go back to the process, right-click and pick End Task.
- Delete the contents of the malicious folder.
Step 3. Check program Startup
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open Windows Task Manager.
- Go to Startup tab.
- Right-click on the suspicious program and pick Disable.
Step 4. Delete virus files
Malware-related files can be found in various places within your computer. Here are instructions that could help you find them:
- Type in Disk Cleanup in Windows search and press Enter.
- Select the drive you want to clean (C: is your main drive by default and is likely to be the one that has malicious files in).
- Scroll through the Files to delete list and select the following:
Temporary Internet Files
- Pick Clean up system files.
- You can also look for other malicious files hidden in the following folders (type these entries in Windows Search and press Enter):
After you are finished, reboot the PC in normal mode.
Remove YouAreFucked using System Restore
If you still cannot install malware removal program or cannot scan the system, follow these steps and try again:
Step 1: Reboot your computer to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- Click Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK.
- When your computer becomes active, start pressing F8 multiple times until you see the Advanced Boot Options window.
- Select Command Prompt from the list
Windows 10 / Windows 8
- Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Now press and hold Shift, which is on your keyboard, and click Restart..
- Now select Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and finally press Restart.
- Once your computer becomes active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2: Restore your system files and settings
- Once the Command Prompt window shows up, enter cd restore and click Enter.
- Now type rstrui.exe and press Enter again..
- When a new window shows up, click Next and select your restore point that is prior the infiltration of YouAreFucked. After doing that, click Next.
- Now click Yes to start system restore.
Bonus: Recover your dataGuide which is presented above is supposed to help you remove YouAreFucked from your computer. To recover your encrypted files, we recommend using a detailed guide prepared by 2-spyware.com security experts.
If you do not have data backups, please try these safe data recovery methods. What is more, we want to remind that you should backup your files regularly and store in the external devices. They are extremly important in the situations like this.
If your files are encrypted by YouAreFucked, you can use several methods to restore them:
Restore the files encrypted by YouAreFucked ransomware virus with a help of Data Recovery Pro
This automatic tool may help to restore some of the files encrypted by the ransomware. Follow these steps to install and use this tool:
- Download Data Recovery Pro;
- Follow the steps of Data Recovery Setup and install the program on your computer;
- Launch it and scan your computer for files encrypted by YouAreFucked ransomware;
- Restore them.
Recover the files encrypted by YouAreFucked ransomware using Windows Previous Versions feature
Windows Previous Versions feature allows accessing preivously saved versions of the encrypted files and copy them. However, this method is only available if System Restore function has been enabled on your PC before ransomware attack.
- Find an encrypted file you need to restore and right-click on it;
- Select “Properties” and go to “Previous versions” tab;
- Here, check each of available copies of the file in “Folder versions”. You should select the version you want to recover and click “Restore”.
Recover the files encrypted by YouAreFucked virus using ShadowExplorer
If YouAreFucked malware did not delete Shadow Volume Copies of the targeted files, Shadow Explorer may help you to rescue your files. Follow these steps:
- Download Shadow Explorer (http://shadowexplorer.com/);
- Follow a Shadow Explorer Setup Wizard and install this application on your computer;
- Launch the program and go through the drop down menu on the top left corner to select the disk of your encrypted data. Check what folders are there;
- Right-click on the folder you want to restore and select “Export”. You can also select where you want it to be stored.
Decryptor for YouAreFucked ransomware virus has been released yet
Finally, you should always think about the protection of crypto-ransomwares. In order to protect your computer from YouAreFucked and other ransomwares, use a reputable anti-spyware, such as ReimageIntego, SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes
How to prevent from getting ransomware
Protect your privacy – employ a VPN
There are several ways how to make your online time more private – you can access an incognito tab. However, there is no secret that even in this mode, you are tracked for advertising purposes. There is a way to add an extra layer of protection and create a completely anonymous web browsing practice with the help of Private Internet Access VPN. This software reroutes traffic through different servers, thus leaving your IP address and geolocation in disguise. Besides, it is based on a strict no-log policy, meaning that no data will be recorded, leaked, and available for both first and third parties. The combination of a secure web browser and Private Internet Access VPN will let you browse the Internet without a feeling of being spied or targeted by criminals.
No backups? No problem. Use a data recovery tool
If you wonder how data loss can occur, you should not look any further for answers – human errors, malware attacks, hardware failures, power cuts, natural disasters, or even simple negligence. In some cases, lost files are extremely important, and many straight out panic when such an unfortunate course of events happen. Due to this, you should always ensure that you prepare proper data backups on a regular basis.
If you were caught by surprise and did not have any backups to restore your files from, not everything is lost. Data Recovery Pro is one of the leading file recovery solutions you can find on the market – it is likely to restore even lost emails or data located on an external device.