Yourabundancesurvey.top ads Removal Guide
What is Yourabundancesurvey.top ads?
Yourabundancesurvey.top is used by crooks to generate revenue from push notification spam
Users sometimes accidentally click "Allow" and start getting spammed
Yourabundancesurvey.top is a bogus website that tries to trick people into pressing the “Allow” button to cause push notification spam. Crooks generate revenue from pay-per-click advertising. The website itself is made to look like a bogus survey that targets people who want to make money online.
The fake survey could be used to extract personal information, like name, phone number, address, and credit card details. Even though there are no messages enticing users to click on the “Allow” button, unlike on many other push notification spam pages, users could still click on it by accident.
The most worrying part is that fraudsters could be using rogue advertising networks that place ads leading to dangerous websites. People can end up on scam pages that try to fool them into providing personal information, or downloading PUPs (potentially unwanted programs), and even malware.
|TYPE||Push notification spam; adware|
|SYMPTOMS||Pop-up ads start appearing in the corner of the screen|
|DISTRIBUTION||Shady websites, deceptive ads, freeware installations|
|DANGERS||The ads can contain links leading to dangerous websites where users could get tricked into providing their personal information or downloading PUPs and malware|
|ELIMINATION||Go to your browser settings to disable notifications|
|FURTHER STEPS||Use a maintenance tool ReimageIntego to get rid of any remaining damage and clear your browsers|
Websites, such as Yourabundancesurvey.top, rarely appear in the search results. Usually, they are hidden on other shady sites that are unregulated. For example, illegal streaming sites are full of deceptive ads, and sneaky redirects. They can also display fake “Download” and “Play” buttons, which are actually advertisements that open new tabs.
It is important to only visit pages that you know and trust, do not click on random links and ads even if they seem to be promoting legitimate products and services. Use legitimate streaming services, like Netflix or HBO. They require only a small monthly subscription fee and users can watch as much content as they want safely.
Adware can cause pop-up spam and redirects, that take people to shady sites
There could also be another reason why you see pop-ups and scam pages, which is adware. It is advertising-supported software that causes an increased amount of commercial content, like pop-ups, banners, and redirects. Most of the time, people infect themselves with adware through freeware installations.
Remove browser pop-ups
To get rid of intrusive pop-up ads, you have to go to your browser settings and block the permission manually. The process is quite simple, as we show below:
Google Chrome (desktop):
- Open Google Chrome browser and go to Menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Locate the Privacy and security section and pick Site Settings > Notifications.
- Look at the Allow section and look for a suspicious URL.
- Click the three vertical dots next to it and pick Block. This should remove unwanted notifications from Google Chrome.
Google Chrome (Android):
- Open Google Chrome and tap on Settings (three vertical dots).
- Select Notifications.
- Scroll down to Sites section.
- Locate the unwanted URL and toggle the button to the left (Off setting).
- Open Mozilla Firefox and go to Menu > Options.
- Click on Privacy & Security section.
- Under Permissions, you should be able to see Notifications. Click Settings button next to it.
- In the Settings – Notification Permissions window, click on the drop-down menu by the URL in question.
- Select Block and then click on Save Changes. This should remove unwanted notifications from Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Safari > Preferences…
- Go to Websites tab and, under General, select Notifications.
- Select the web address in question, click the drop-down menu and select Deny.
- Open Microsoft Edge, and click the Settings and more button (three horizontal dots) at the top-right of the window.
- Select Settings and then go to Advanced.
- Under Website permissions, pick Manage permissions and select the URL in question.
- Toggle the switch to the left to turn notifications off on Microsoft Edge.
MS Edge (Chromium):
- Open Microsoft Edge, and go to Settings.
- Select Site permissions.
- Go to Notifications on the right.
- Under Allow, you will find the unwanted entry.
- Click on More actions and select Block.
Get rid of cookies and cache
Cookies and cache are small data files stored in your system so they can slow down your device. After you stop the ads from coming, we recommend taking care of your browsers by clearing them. You can do it automatically with ReimageIntego. This will delete the information websites have collected about you and will improve system performance.
Scan your system with anti-malware tools
If the previous removal method did not work, this will most likely fix it. You have to eliminate the app that is causing the erratic behavior in the background from your system. Using SpyHunter 5Combo Cleaner or Malwarebytes professional security tools would make the process much easier for you as they can automatically remove intruders by scanning your system.
Doing it manually does not work for everyone, as it is unclear which application is at fault. However, if you still want to do this yourself, here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Enter Control Panel into Windows search box and hit Enter or click on the search result.
- Under Programs, select Uninstall a program.
- From the list, find the entry of the suspicious program.
- Right-click on the application and select Uninstall.
- If User Account Control shows up, click Yes.
- Wait till uninstallation process is complete and click OK.
- Click on Windows Start > Control Panel located on the right pane (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
- In Control Panel, select Programs > Uninstall a program.
- Pick the unwanted application by clicking on it once.
- At the top, click Uninstall/Change.
- In the confirmation prompt, pick Yes.
- Click OK once the removal process is finished.
- From the menu bar, select Go > Applications.
- In the Applications folder, look for all related entries.
- Click on the app and drag it to Trash (or right-click and pick Move to Trash)
To fully remove an unwanted app, you need to access Application Support, LaunchAgents, and LaunchDaemons folders and delete relevant files:
- Select Go > Go to Folder.
- Enter /Library/Application Support and click Go or press Enter.
- In the Application Support folder, look for any dubious entries and then delete them.
- Now enter /Library/LaunchAgents and /Library/LaunchDaemons folders the same way and terminate all the related .plist files.
How to prevent from getting adware
Do not let government spy on you
The government has many issues in regards to tracking users' data and spying on citizens, so you should take this into consideration and learn more about shady information gathering practices. Avoid any unwanted government tracking or spying by going totally anonymous on the internet.
You can choose a different location when you go online and access any material you want without particular content restrictions. You can easily enjoy internet connection without any risks of being hacked by using Private Internet Access VPN.
Control the information that can be accessed by government any other unwanted party and surf online without being spied on. Even if you are not involved in illegal activities or trust your selection of services, platforms, be suspicious for your own security and take precautionary measures by using the VPN service.
Backup files for the later use, in case of the malware attack
Computer users can suffer from data losses due to cyber infections or their own faulty doings. Ransomware can encrypt and hold files hostage, while unforeseen power cuts might cause a loss of important documents. If you have proper up-to-date backups, you can easily recover after such an incident and get back to work. It is also equally important to update backups on a regular basis so that the newest information remains intact – you can set this process to be performed automatically.
When you have the previous version of every important document or project you can avoid frustration and breakdowns. It comes in handy when malware strikes out of nowhere. Use Data Recovery Pro for the data restoration process.